Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
thunderbird Emails

why must I delete the emails from Thunderbird ONE AT A TIME
and then again from the trash ONE AT A TIME :mad:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to your desktop. If so this is in the wrong forum, however if it is on the desktop you can right click the trash folder and empty it all and shift click to select a group.

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I am referring to my DROID TURBO

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
i'm not sure it's a Thunderbird problem
my has the new Max & does not have this problem he can delete all at once I think it's a turbo problem
asked verizon and they don't know :(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are you using the stock E Mail app & have your Thunderbird account synced with that app? Are there checkbox options next to each message in the Inbox? If not, when you long press a message, are there then options to select others and delete more than one? And in the Trash folder, is there an Empty option? Or in the settings (three dots) is there a Select All option and then a Delete option?

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I am using google & thunderbird
but I am using TB its own not synced with google
no check boxes no options when clicking on 3 dots etc

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Which app are you using to view your Thunderbird mail? The app named E Mail or the G Mail app? That might help people give better answers, since different mail apps have different options.

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
using Email for T BIrd and Gmail for Gmail

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It sounds like Motorola really changed the Email app for the Turbo. Every Droid I have owned has had the check box next to each message in the Inbox so you could select multiple messages at once and an option for Select All in the three dot Menu. I guess someone figured those options were not needed anymore? You could give Blue Mail (now called Type Mail) a try, its' a free e-mail app on the Play Store and has a lot of great User reviews. It's a pretty popular and easy to use e-mail app that probably has all of the features that your stock app does not have.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The new gmail has a unified inbox...might give that a try. You can select multiple emails to do a mass delete.

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I use T bird on computer & samsung tablet(where I can delete all at once) so I hope with "lollipop" they'll get back to tp the way it was

thanks all appreciate your efforts to solve the problem help:)

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
It sounds like Motorola really changed the Email app for the Turbo. Every Droid I have owned has had the check box next to each message in the Inbox so you could select multiple messages at once and an option for Select All in the three dot Menu. I guess someone figured those options were not needed anymore? You could give Blue Mail (now called Type Mail) a try, its' a free e-mail app on the Play Store and has a lot of great User reviews. It's a pretty popular and easy to use e-mail app that probably has all of the features that your stock app does not have.
In the Moto email app, tap the colored square with the letter to select multiple emails.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I use T bird on computer & samsung tablet(where I can delete all at once) so I hope with "lollipop" they'll get back to tp the way it was

thanks all appreciate your efforts to solve the problem help:)
Anything is possible. I have heard that Moto changed the stock Email app a little on the Moto X 2014 when it got Lollipop. But I also heard that it now looks a lot like the G Mail app, so the features you want may still not be there. But then again, they also might. As @jstafford1 said, you can add other mail accounts like Yahoo, Hotmail, Thunderbird in the G Mail app now also. And you can view each account separately or all in one Inbox at the same time. And if that's not something you are interested in, there are plenty of really good e mail apps for free on the Play Store.... One of the many awesome features of Android, we always have choices.