Three search widgets?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by razgueado, Jul 6, 2010.

1. razgueado

razgueado New Member

This may not be the correct forum for this question, but because it likely originates in flashing various ROMs and versions of ROMs, I'll give it a shot.

I have somehow ended up with three Search widgets on my Droid, and the question is, which one do I keep? I've attached a Drocap.

The top one goes by the name "Google Search", the other two seem to go by the name "Search"...although only the one with the Magnifying glass seems to appear in Titanium Backup (as does the "Google Search one."

When put on the desktop, the top two ask what to search (all, web, apps, contacts), but the bottom one doesn't.

Any insights on this?

Raz

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk
  2. JBPruitt

JBPruitt New Member

I know for sure the bottom one is Chevy's Themed search bar from 3.2...

You can get rid of that if you want... because it doesn't function the way the new search bar does... as far as the top two... i'd keep the one that has a backup on Titanium backup...

... Did you wipe when you loaded 4.3?
  3. razgueado

razgueado New Member

Yes, I wiped before installing 4.3. :) I have to smile at the question because I'm always shaking my head at those who don't wipe and then post the same, age-old problems.

I expect I've come up with a collection of these by way of restorations from various backup solutions...I use Titanium, bkapps/rstapps, and regularly stash copies of apk's. So at some point I must have failed to uncheck something when restoring.

The 3.2 widget would be a supernatural miracle...I never installed any of Chev's V3 ROMs.
    So no idea how I'd have gotten that unless it was kanged in some theme I once tried.

I dunno...it's weird.

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk
  4. JBPruitt

JBPruitt New Member

The SS v 3.x search bar I belive is left over from that series... so it's in the rom... just as extra I guess... unless you want a fancy themed one... in that case the new bar is extra lol...

and I have no idea about the third one...
  5. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

Actually, that last one is from Launcher Pro. First is the new Froyo search widget, and I really don't know what the middle one is.