Three different tethering apps, none of which work.

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by b4ux1t3, Jan 14, 2012.

1. b4ux1t3

b4ux1t3 New Member

You should probably be able to tell from the title. Basically, I have tried three different wireless tether apps, all of which worked fine on my Droid 2, and not a single one has even let me connect with my Xoom, much less get internet.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?

The apps I've used are:
    Wireless Tether v3.1-beta3,6,9,11
    Barnacle
    Opengarden's Wireless Tether

Running 2.3.6 stock, fresh root as of tonight. I'm currently rebooting, and I'm going to give all the apps another try or two. I'll update if anything changes. If you need more info, I posted a decent amount on my comment located on Wireless Tether's Google Code page.

EDIT: I finally got Wireless Tether to function properly, using *beta3. Here's hoping it'll keep working. If anyone has a fix for Barnacle, I'd greatly appreciate it. I prefer it to WT.
  2. tsaunders

tsaunders New Member

I was having issues with Wi-Fi Tether. I had to restart my phone to get it working.

I also noticed that my wi-fi on the device wouldn't work but a reboot fixed that.

I haven't tried the other two.
  3. prgrisham

prgrisham New Member

I have used SVT off of market for 3 months now. It's flawless, and does not use ADHock, which is a plus. Costs 5$, well worth the investment. It is specifically designed to be used with the Samsung Droid Charge, but does work on a few other phones including the Nexus.