Three brass dots

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Supposed to be for a docking station which has yet to be released - they have released a dock but don't be fooled, it doesn't implement the three connectors

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I'm "this close" to ordering this dock to see if it will be compatible with the LTE version. My biggest reservation is that they don't have a clear return policy and I really don't want to get stuck with an 80-something dollar hunk of plastic I can't use.

https://www.clove.co.uk/official-vehicle-dock-samsung-galaxy-nexus-ecs-k1f2begstd

Wait a minute, Truss is back again! :p

Well... I'll let you experiment with that one... I'm not wasting my precious green paper on a piece of plastic. ;)

I doubt it will work considering that the GSM version is a decent amount thinner.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Well... I'll let you experiment with that one... I'm not wasting my precious green paper on a piece of plastic. ;)

I doubt it will work considering that the GSM version is a decent amount thinner.

Isn't it less than a millimeter difference?

SniperDroid

Reaction score
I'm "this close" to ordering this dock to see if it will be compatible with the LTE version. My biggest reservation is that they don't have a clear return policy and I really don't want to get stuck with an 80-something dollar hunk of plastic I can't use.

Why don't you just wait another month and see if the LTE version is released to the states. A couple of retail websites are promising shipping in late January or early February. The single millimeter difference in thickness is more than enough to keep the contact points from lining up for proper use.

My money is sitting tight until a US reseller is confirming they have the correct unit.

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Oh, and I didn't leave... again... just haven't been back into my regular routine until now.

cruzincat

Reaction score
If they are electrical contacts, they are more likely GOLD! Probably worth about $0.50 in today's market!

ramseska

Reaction score
so i was putting some music from mij computer to my galaxy nexus when i accidently touched the dots and it gave me an electric shock it happened 3 times today should i be worried about my phone or do you guys think its innocent?