Thoughts/Suggestions/Feature updates for SS moving forward

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Aixelsyd, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Figured if might be good to start a thread to keep features,suggestions or updates people may have for Chevyno1's Simply Stunning work moving forward. Makes life easier for him and everyone else to post them in one place so actual ROM release threads don't get so cluttered up making it hard to find details.

I'll start off with a few I thought may be great features as things move forward.

1: Wired USB tethering (actually brought up by rotordroid)
    2: possiblly looking into the hack Koush added to his ROM that will store the dalvik-cache of system apps to /cache which save a bunch of space from what I had noticed while running Koush's ROM for a few days. ( Now back on SS v3.1 obviously)
    3: FLAC support as I haven't noticed it mentioned in a while.
    4: 360 degree rotation of the screen which is a neat option also. Specially if you carry your phone in your pocket and don't look at it when pulling it out.

So there are just a few thoughts so fire away everyone so Chevyno1 has a nice clean place to look for thoughts and idea to better his ROMs as time moves forward.
  2. krowley3

krowley3 New Member

I would like to see a default music widget with the album cover like in Cyanogen. Another nice feature I would like to have is the ability to control the music with the volume buttons while the screen is sleeping through the default music player. Otherwise 3.1 is running like a champ.
  3. Mikejl

Mikejl Member

Choice of 3D Icon schemes for the notification bar. I like the current icons in 3.1

I would like to see Chevy come up with his own custom logo and make it an option for a Helix launcher replacement.

Be installable from ROm Manager. (I know this has already been brought up, but I thought I would throw it out there.)

Mike
  4. r1nstang

r1nstang New Member

APP2SD support.
  5. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

sounds like you guys want Cyanogen ROM ; )

just playing aside from Koush's Cyanogen port I think chevy's ROM is next best thing.

-=Jason=-
  6. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Been there done it myself....lol, and I still keep coming back to Chevy's work. Runs better and is more stable if you ask me. Plus we at least get some input/support from Chevy with his work.
  7. bacalao

bacalao New Member

My BB Storm could change tracks with the volume button.. But couldn't someone write an app that does some of these things and put in the market?
  8. thenowherekid

thenowherekid New Member