Thoughts on the HUGE Galaxy Nexus Screen?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is anyone else concerned with the huge 4.65" display of the Galaxy Nexus? I know they did an excellent job with the overall profile and thin bezel, but for some it might be to large.

Thoughts?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it was the "ThisisMyNext" crew that mentioned in their hands-on after the announcement that it didn't feel anything like a phone shouldn't. Essentially it took up about the same amount of space as any typical 4.3" phone.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as I've seen its not actually that much bigger than the bionic overall as there are no buttons on the face of the device.
Still too large for my pocket however.

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a little concerned that my girly hands will be too small to comfortably hold the Nexus.;)

diggy488

Reaction score
While the OG has been my only smart phone, it'll be a huge difference going to this phone. But I'm sure I'll make it work. :)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think they did a great job utilizing the screen space they do have. While certainly it is a big phone, it doesn't seem to be much bigger than the current crop of 4.3" phones out there. The hands on videos don't make it seem too big either, well unless they resurrected Andre the Giant and had him hold the phone............anybody want a peanut.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the thin bezel which leaves more room for useable real estate. I think we've reached the limit for functional phone size though.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the thin bezel which leaves more room for useable real estate. I think we've reached the limit for functional phone size though.

This^

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

jmims

Reaction score
I went from an OG to a Droid x and immediately loved the bigger screen. I don't think I can ever go back to a phone with less real estate.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else concerned with the huge 4.65" display of the Galaxy Nexus?

Yes, very concerned...concerned that I don't have it in my hands already.

I'll admit, this thing is going to feel like a monster coming from my tiny OG Droid, but I am SO ready for a big phone. Been waiting a long time!

louy99

Reaction score
I'm sure Devs will find a way to put ics on my D1 ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tc1

Reaction score
I went from an OG to a Droid x and immediately loved the bigger screen. I don't think I can ever go back to a phone with less real estate.

Same, went from a og to the Pos thunderbolt.

Gave my wife my old droid, now any time I use it I can't type to save my life on it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
i want a larger screen, my OG Droid has been feeling a little small lately. my only concern would be the larger screen using more battery. we'll see how the battery life is once it's out in the wild.

nbucko

Reaction score
You may get a really stripped down version but I can't imagine that running well.