thoughts on mall kiosk phone wrapping

neilrl79

Reaction score
I like to have a screen protector on my phone, the ones VZW offers don't cover the whole screen and 2 different sets i've ordered from ebay didn't meet my standards. I'm a little picky about certain things. Has anyone tried those people in the mall that wrap electronics in a protective coating? I looked into a few years back when i had a Moto Q, looked good but I never got around to getting it done. I'm not sure how it would work on a slider tho.

Warglock

Reaction score
There's a potentially fatal design flaw in the Halo screen protectors. There's no hole for the proximity sensor so your phone would never know to turn off the screen when you take a call or if you have the "In pocket screen shutoff" option enabled. I could be wrong though since I have never even heard of these Halo screen protectors.

I use Ghost Armor screen protectors. They are relatively easy to apply and are near indestructible. There's no "orange peel" look or feel and can be removed without fear of damaging your phone or leaving adhesive residue. I had one on my OG D1 and after 2 years of working in a warehouse fixing and refurbing home and office printers as well as welding for a few hours everyday I only acquired one hairline scratch that could only be seen at the right angle.

I was worried a few times because I saw a few small scratches, but it's like these Ghost Armor films are self repairing. A few days after I first saw the scratches they were gone. They also have a lifetime warranty if you do get a nasty scratch. You just stick the screen protector to a piece of paper and send it in an envelope back to them and they send you a new one. Least that's how it was when I first got mine. It may have changed.

Sadly, there are no kiosks UNLESS you live in Chicago, IL. You can buy just a screen protector or a full body kit that covers almost all of the phone. I've tried the VZW ones and the Invisishield by ZAGG and hated both.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
I didn't know about the in pocket lock down option. Thanks for the inadventant heads up! /hijack

Sent from my D3, waiting for root to unleash this beast.

pauleebleeker

Reaction score
Would anybody know of any locations in houston, texas where GHOST ARMOR is professionally installled? Thanx in advance.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Those halo screen protectors are flawless I have it and don't have any problems

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

tjk775

Reaction score
Funny I use to install these lil full body wraps on cell phones. We used Wrapsol, bodyguards, and phantom skins.... all were great and would keep the phones from scratching.... some even had a thicker skin that would protect from 10foot drops.... I have a carbonfiber wrap on my Droid1 and its great.... im sure they'd work with the the docks n such... the most important was the drying time. Wet installs work the best... takes a good 24-32 hours to dry.... im gonna get a carbon fiber from phantom skins for my DROID 3... ill upload pics when I get it for yal

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums