Thoughts on KitKat?

Hodor

Reaction score
I called Verizon to complain about battery life AND not being able to store,edit or move pictures and files from the SD card..after her reading from a paper telling me to do this and that(Typical customer support crap)she 3way called Motorola support and after doing what THEY said as far as checks and restarts they offered to send me another RazrMaxx HD...without kitkat.(My major complaint to get them to do this was a Battery life complaint..the SD card issue is not something they care about as they WANT you to store in the cloud) I've got both phones in front of me now as I type..the NON kitkat phone has all the apps installed on it as my old updated phone..which took hours. This includes apps like Launcher Pro,Beatiful widgets,antivirus and other things that ALWAYS run. I went to bed with both phones at 100% and woke to the non kitkat at 98% and the kitkat at 87%. I also now can edit and rename pictures stored on the SD card(I don't believe in cloud storage..thats for fools) and I have Swype and the old blue icons.. I really see NO ADVANTAGE in the 4.4.2 update. I'm going to run them both for a week before sending back the updated phone to make sure I'm doing the right thing but as of now I'm happy with the old NON KITKAT version....not to mention IF and I say IF..I wanted to root the non kitkat phone there is a root for it. I'm a certified automotive master technician for over 20 years and one thing I believe is that IF IT'S NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT. Not to mention this cloud storage should concern you.. I'm amazed that so many don't care that all their info is stored someplace they have no control over.

I couldn't agree more with your comments regarding cloud storage. It really is despicable!

bohemouth

Reaction score
X2 except I have 10 months to upgrade. Thought it was great the first week, new battery is worse, even with shutting down everything like Wi-Fi, bt, gps while at work. It's showing back down again too, but i haven't cleaned the cache since just after I took the update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
I clean cache about every other day. I turn the phone off a couple times a week. For me it is not so horrible to reset or worth the hassle. I have a month left till my upgrade I will push on through for 30 days. I'll try not to complain too much Hahaha! What was android thinking!

OP
mboswell

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I'm going to seem like an idiot probably but what does "X2" mean? The only X2 I can think of is the Motorola Droid X2, my first smartphone... And I don't think that is what you are referring to..

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums

splat10

Reaction score
Times 2 or I agree

umpire.20

Reaction score
I'm going to seem like an idiot probably but what does "X2" mean? The only X2 I can think of is the Motorola Droid X2, my first smartphone... And I don't think that is what you are referring to..

Times Two ............................

OP
mboswell

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Oh...that makes sense. I just could not wrap my head around that. Haha! Thank you for your help

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
My RAZR MAXX HD battery took such a huge shot with the update. It lasts a day now, which is a bummer. I also agree the camera on there now is useless. First getting the update is was so smooth and buttery, but it seems the more days go by the more glitches pop up? I thought all glitches would have been ironed out by now. It seemsvto be the opposite, the more I use is theore of a pain in the rear it is. Upgrade time for me by the end of this month! What was android thinking? I'm glad you like your Note 3 that is the phone I am thinking of switching to. That or the LG G3.
My camera was slow and laggy between taking pictures so I went with the factory reset now its fast like before the upgrade. Also no more random rebooting . This worked for me.

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
I highly recommend factory reset your phone . My phone is working the best it has been since I've owned it. Very fast, smooth and no lag.

bohemouth

Reaction score
I highly recommend factory reset your phone . My phone is working the best it has been since I've owned it. Very fast, smooth and no lag.

Well, all my problems got solved sadly with my RAZR Maxx HD. Someone stole it on my birthday, so I have the Note 3 now. Hoping the Kit Kat update doesn't kill it. I had my choice of phone apparently made for me.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. But the Note 3 is not a bad choice at all for a replacement. Other than it's as big as a house. : )

americandad

Reaction score
Well maybe I'm lucky my rzr maxx hd wouldn't update. Keep getting update failed, even after a factory reset.

nepkp

Reaction score
This is a killer phone. What's not to love? I have been loving it since the last update. Really good in every way!

smokey6074

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to transfer music from a ps3 to one of these? It was easy on my droid 2 but I cannot figure out how to do it on RAZR max HD.