Thoughts on directv

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Pmoser, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Pmoser

Pmoser Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Were moving into a new place and thinking about getting directv we currently have cox. For people who have directv here what are your thoughts about it. Thanks for your time

2. ekf028

ekf028 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I think the service is awesome. Other than that, I hate the yearly rate increases, but I suppose that comes with anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. ekf028

ekf028 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    One small story here about directv customer service.
    I got free showtime as a loyalty gift not too long ago. Went online to a 'suggestion box' and commented that i think showtime sucks and that I would rather have starz, not thinking that anyone would even pay attention.
    Within an hour, directv responded and I had free starz instead. Awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    We've been with DirecTV and we also get something free for a year for loyalty. They take care of me any time I have an issue and I appreciate them bending over backwards too. I highly recommend the service. There are times that DirecTV comes in handy too. Last year my neighbor and I were at his place watching a Steelers football game and his Comcast went out, so we simply walked over to my place and saw the rest of the game uninterrupted. The only time you will not have the service is right at the height of a major storm when it is directly over the dish, this only lasts about 5 minutes at the most. Other than that, it's flawless. Most storms don't even bother it though. As for rate increases, there are some occasionally but I've been on my grandfathered plan for a long time and I don't see increases because of credits DirecTV gives me for loyalty. Comcast, on the other hand, just annouced a 3% rate hike for my neighbors with cable.

5. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +5
    I've had it for 13 years becasue they have exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket. If you get a compitent service rep you'll be in good shape.

www.dbstalk.com is a good forum for satellite/DirecTV.