Thoughts on CM7

Rezael

Reaction score
Been using CM7 all day. So far so good. The rom is amazing as far as the basics are concerned. Fast responsive lightweight insane amount of customizable options. A theme changer built into the mod for swapping themes on the go.

What isn't working:
the regular phone call Mic.
GPS
Camera
Camcorder
Torch.
Facebook contacts sync

Overall this ROM is top notch. Overall look and feel is amazing.
Battery seems to be draining at a stock pace I'm sure when they use updated kernals it will get better. I'm excited to see high end roms becoming steadily available for the x. Options and competition can only mean better overall experience on my phone. Its not as polished as liberty and nowhere near as functional but if the development team keep working like they are it may surpass liberty.

I can't wait for the final release to drop of this mod it will definitely be a power house of ingenuity and grace.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

phalstead

Reaction score
Been using CM7 all day. So far so good. The rom is amazing as far as the basics are concerned. Fast responsive lightweight insane amount of customizable options. A theme changer built into the mod for swapping themes on the go.

What isn't working:
GPS
Camera
Camcorder
Torch.
Facebook contacts sync

I only experienced issues with YouTube, camera/camcorder thus far. I haven't tested GPS yet. I know for certain I haven't had issues with the mic at all. How did you flash CM7?

And what makes Liberty so fabulous? I wasn't that impressed when I used it. Lets keep in mind that CM7 has been around since the original Droid, so saying its not "polished" is a little ridiculous. It took him 10 months to get it to boot on the DX. Give the man some time to make it what it is on the D1 and give him some credit.

DJxPanda

Reaction score

What isn't working:
GPS
Camera
Camcorder
Torch.
Facebook contacts sync

I only experienced issues with YouTube, camera/camcorder thus far. I haven't tested GPS yet. I know for certain I haven't had issues with the mic at all. How did you flash CM7?

And what makes Liberty so fabulous? I wasn't that impressed when I used it. Lets keep in mind that CM7 has been around since the original Droid, so saying its not "polished" is a little ridiculous. It took him 10 months to get it to boot on the DX. Give the man some time to make it what it is on the D1 and give him some credit.

So it seems you are one of the few as well as myself who have only had a few issues. Now one thing that is true that yes cm has been around a while. Yes its pretty polished for the d1. But for the X theres still things that they are working around. The method of which we can flash cm(init method) isnt the original method and so my guess is that some things may had to be sacrificed for the time being. Though yes this beta is very close to the d1 cm, its for sure not as complete and polished.

@OP: Bear in mind that it was stated in the release thread on RootzWiki that camera ans camcorder and gps(i believe) were having problems and that youtube was hit and miss. These are known problems and will be delt with in future updates id assume. Also battery is a recurring problem so hopefully it gets fixed too. But i agree with you 100% that its a sweet rom and is truly amazing. Havent had issues with the mic.. but that could just be a bug that could be fixed with a reflash.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

phalstead

Reaction score
I guess my point was more that it had only been tweaked in a matter of hours to get it to a point where it was a releasable beta. I wanna say something like 24 hours give or take. To me, getting it from first boot to beta release in that amount of time is respectable and pretty polished compared to what the alternative could've been. Again, just my opinion on the whole thing.

OP
Rezael

Rezael

Reaction score
I don't see how I didn't praise the mod or developers. Read the first sentence of my second paragraph.
For a beta its great. Can't wait for fixes and a full release.

phalstead

Reaction score
I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, and if I did I apologize, that wasn't at all my intention. At any rate, I'm not sure why you're having some of the issues you're describing. Which installation did you decide to use? Maybe we can try to narrow down the cause.

OP
Rezael

Rezael

Reaction score
I sbfd from liberty GB to stock froyo. Then rooted and bootstrapped. Then I installed the cm7 rom and Google apps. Used the ota cm7 jbird zip

Last edited:

phalstead

Reaction score
I just noticed your mini sig from tapatalk. Are you really on a D2G with a DX ROM?

OP
Rezael

Rezael

Reaction score
Bah my sign is wrong

mcp770

Reaction score
Let me just say apex rc2 and liberty are gold standard on the x. However, even missing a camera at the moment cm is the absolute shiznitty shiznit. I put the GPS fix and the crt screen off AND ON animation on here and I couldn't be happier to not even care about a camera. The settings options blow the best current toolboxes out of the water. Remove pulldown clock ....one click. Change phone to all red night mode....one click. Download themes from the market and preview one click with reboot to fully apply. Barely have to boot into clockwork for anything but if you do bootstrap is built into the power button reboot options. Pull down bar power controls.

I could go on and on about the new features never seen on the x but you have to try this rom to see it all. Everything about the phone is faster and smoother than ever before, simply amazing. This can only get better and that is something I'm excited about with my aging x. Highly recommend EVERYONE at least try Cyanogen and get a glimpse of what the x could be without a locked bootloader. I know one thing, my next phone will be unlocked and fully supported by the Cyanogen team.

Last edited:

CP6608

Reaction score
I was rather displeased this morning with the battery life, gps and lack of camera, but have since tinkered with it to increase my battery life and could not be happier. This ROM is perfect for the person who likes to constantly tinker and customize things, which is me. If you are looking for a plain vanilla ROM that will give you speed, CM7 will do that as well. I cannot wait for the updates to fix the gps and camera. Otherwise, great job to the devs. who put this together. I will be donating soon.

OP
Rezael

Rezael

Reaction score
I really hope this mod is finished soon. Its amazing I finally went back to liberty today and its apple to oranges. The cyanogen mod will be my goto mod as soon as its ready.

phalstead

Reaction score
I sbfd from liberty GB to stock froyo. Then rooted and bootstrapped. Then I installed the cm7 rom and Google apps. Used the ota cm7 jbird zip

Rezael, I think you flashed the wrong zip or you're in the wrong section. If you're on a DX, you're using the incorrect zip. If you're on a D2, you're in the wrong section to get help with bugs and issues. Our build is different than yours. Does that make sense? Or am I missing something here?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I'll try CM7 once the bugs are fixed. I use my phone for work and its pretty reliable right now...

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
Rezael

Rezael

Reaction score
Ok so I've definitely got a DROID x. And can you point me in the direction of the correct file for cm7. If I dled the wrong file ill try again. I went back To liberty cause my battery life and no phone mic and no navigation was annoying. But ill try cm7 again when they get some of the kinks out.