Thoughts on Bionic vs. Razr vs. Rezound

heatonb1

Reaction score
I was hoping I could get some help from my droid forum family.

My Bionic again has been giving me issues with the radio so Verizon has offered to replace it with a Razr with the ICS build (not the max) or an HTC rezound. I use my phone a lot for business so I need it to multitask quickly and I watch a lot of videos on it so I would like a great picture, please give your thoughts on which one I should choose based on my needs.

Again, I currently have a rooted Bionic on the .905 build with Eclipse 3.0.

Thank you in advance everyone for your inputs and time.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
I'd ask for another Bionic personally. The Razr, as mentioned, has the battery limitation and kind of odd color rendering. The Rezound (my wife's phone) is nice, feels great in the hand, even with the extended batttery, but is virtually impossible to use outside. The display, while gorgeous, just isn't bright enough to see in daylight. Just my 2 cents.

Regulator

Reaction score
I was hoping I could get some help from my droid forum family.

My Bionic again has been giving me issues with the radio so Verizon has offered to replace it with a Razr with the ICS build (not the max) or an HTC rezound. I use my phone a lot for business so I need it to multitask quickly and I watch a lot of videos on it so I would like a great picture, please give your thoughts on which one I should choose based on my needs.

Again, I currently have a rooted Bionic on the .905 build with Eclipse 3.0.

Thank you in advance everyone for your inputs and time.

Id go with the razr. HOWEVER before yiu make the choice, if you truly like the bionic as i do, then flash the .230 ics leak. Guarantee your issues will be solved. Are they offering to swap for free? Also how many bionics have you gone through?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

skennelly

Reaction score
And to the op, I'd get the rezound.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try the 6.7.230 ICS leak before sending your devices in for the RAZR, folks. It is fully reversible via the 5.9.902 FXZ file, and WILL most likely solve your data issues. Don't forget, you need to be on STOCK 5.9.905 in order to install ICS, root is okay but NO safestrap/removed bloatware. The best way is to FXZ back to .902 and take the .905 update, then install the leak.

Sure, this requires setting your device up all over again, but so would a replacement device.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If battery life is a concern then it's a no brainer... Rezound. Get the extended battery and you'll be golden. As far as seeing it outside, turn the brightness up to 100% and you can see it in direct sunlight. You already know about the awesome screen. When the Rezound gets ics it's going to blow you away. I'm running the second leak and it's fantastic. I don't know what Moto did to their ics update but none of the guys running the leak have had anywhere near the amount of problems that the Razr guys are having. The radios are great too. It really holds a signal.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
If battery life is a concern then it's a no brainer... Rezound. Get the extended battery and you'll be golden. As far as seeing it outside, turn the brightness up to 100% and you can see it in direct sunlight. You already know about the awesome screen. When the Rezound gets ics it's going to blow you away. I'm running the second leak and it's fantastic. I don't know what Moto did to their ics update but none of the guys running the leak have had anywhere near the amount of problems that the Razr guys are having. The radios are great too. It really holds a signal.

For Bionic owners, the ICS leak will blow them away. No damn reason to go swapping devices when there is an easy fix.

OP
H

heatonb1

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the great input. They did offer me the trade for free and it wont reset my 2yr upgrade period either, or so they say. also i have been through 5 bionics, all were traded in for good reasons and not because i bricked it and didnt take the time to read post on how to fix it :-D

Most of my bionics had issues with keeping data and bluetooth connection and that's very important as i travel and use it for business. I like the rezound but the talk time is low and screen is (from what ive heard) hard to see outdoors. I think i will grab the razr, root it and try it out for 30 days. I got Verizon to say that i could try the razr, rezound, charge and spectrum each for 30 days and still be able to switch back to the bionic in the end if i want; although i prob wont try the charge or the spectrum.

I will report back with what i decide but until then keeps the comments coming they have been very helpful.

Asylem

Reaction score
Ya I would go with the bionic. I had data drops on mine as well (no lie to try to get a new phone like some people...) And they offered me a razr non maxx. I took it and needless to say a week later i'm back on my bionic. The razr battery life was HORRIBLE, didn't like the feel of the phone itself, and the ota ics update was causing some problems on the phone. I have some friends with the razr and I thought I was missing out on something...but in actuality I think the bionic is the better of the two.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
OK, cleaned up some posts and deleted others. Lets keep it civil and on point here folks.

Thank you!

Otakulad

Reaction score
I would definitely avoid the Charge. Single core cpu and (if I remember right) only 256 megs if ram. The thing was horribly slow compared to my Bionic.

Another question I have is have you held the RAZR yet? Give it a try before you switch. While the screen size is the same it feels bigger in my hand. I like the feel of the Bionic.

jwilly216

Reaction score
LoudRam said:

No way. The bionic has the best extended battery capabilities of the three by far. The rezound is way too fat . I'm not being biased it's just that the bionic has the ideal extended battery specs

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
jwilly216 said:
No way. The bionic has the best extended battery capabilities of the three by far. The rezound is way too fat . I'm not being biased it's just that the bionic has the ideal extended battery specs

First off he asked about the Rezound vs Razr for battery life. No contest there with the extended battery. Secondly the Rezound is in most ways if not every way better than the Bionic. Screen, camera, build quality, lack of bugs, radios. And with ics it gets even better. I'm seeing nothing but issues with Moto's ics update for the Razr. It's so bad that some guys want to go back to gb. That's pathetic. Moto really messed up their version of ics. And I have a feeling that if the Bionic gets it it'll be the same. Meanwhile take a pole of the guys who have the ics leak for the Rezound and you'll find that everyone who has it loves it including me. And my copy isn't even the final build. The Bionic is good but it doesn't stack up against the Rezound. (Now the Bionic boys can flame away)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the great input. They did offer me the trade for free and it wont reset my 2yr upgrade period either, or so they say. also i have been through 5 bionics, all were traded in for good reasons and not because i bricked it and didnt take the time to read post on how to fix it :-D

Most of my bionics had issues with keeping data and bluetooth connection and that's very important as i travel and use it for business. I like the rezound but the talk time is low and screen is (from what ive heard) hard to see outdoors. I think i will grab the razr, root it and try it out for 30 days. I got Verizon to say that i could try the razr, rezound, charge and spectrum each for 30 days and still be able to switch back to the bionic in the end if i want; although i prob wont try the charge or the spectrum.

I will report back with what i decide but until then keeps the comments coming they have been very helpful.

The ICS leak fixes every single issue you have had with the Bionic, though. So why switch?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing nothing but issues with Moto's ics update for the Razr. It's so bad that some guys want to go back to gb. That's pathetic. Moto really messed up their version of ics. And I have a feeling that if the Bionic gets it it'll be the same.

You are completely WRONG about Moto messing up their version of ICS. It is simply stock ICS with a SMALL amount of "Blur" added. The things people are complaining about are simply things that were removed or changed between GB and ICS, people are very resistant to change and tend to complain alot. Compared to the Rezound, there are many more RAZR owners, and many more of them are on ICS simply because it's now official. When the Rezound officially gets ICS, trust me, it won't be all praises. But then again, people will take any chance they can get to take a jab at Moto devices, which seems EXACTLY what this is.

At least Motorola uses a DECENT dual-core chipset in their devices. The Rezounds is a bit outdated.