Thoughts & Expectations Of Verizon's "Rule The Air" Meeting 1.11.11 @ 11AM

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by ipawd1, Jan 10, 2011.

?

What Will You Expect from the 1.11.11 Meeting?

1. The Announcement of 4g Pricing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Announcement of the iphone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Explanation of Recent Changes [14 day returns, etc..]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A Blueprint/ leftovers from the CES Event.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Really Dont Care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

they are live blogging it on engadget.
  2. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

LiveBlog on Engadget.

I'm just glad it's announced, and it's coming up quick (Feb 3rd for preorder...) Now we can all move on.
  3. DroidCoug

DroidCoug New Member

4. ipawd1

ipawd1 New Member

So they've been bragging about 4g LTE....

Yet NO release date for the 4g PHONEs....
    and a 2.10.11 release date for the iphone.... on 3g.. with no 4g at all meaning no multitasking.

Thunderbolt it is..
  5. elvis_marmaduke

elvis_marmaduke New Member

On the interwebs! Feb 3rd for already verizons feb 10th for everyone else? Something like that.

Was that seriously the only announcement they made? Kinda disappointing... its just Steve jobs trying to steal the CES thunder after its already over hahaha 'iphone didn't win best ar CES cuz it wasn't there! DUH!' LOL I love me sometimes.... *sigh*

Sent from my Droid
  6. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

4g lte is on the backburner until they get as much out of the iphone as possible...as i predicted on a thread a long long time ago...

notice how CES is a distant memory now?

my theory is if apple is going to make an LTE phone on VZW, theyll all drop on or around the same time, between apr-jun
  7. ipawd1

ipawd1 New Member

This is why I don't talk anything via Facebook Twitter. People who google for answers, clearly dont get the memo of stuff. Having a seriously tredundant conversation on Facebook with a Chick trying to explain to ME about the Verizon iphone..

Her: I said 4G phones as in runs off LTE such as the Motorola Bionic and HTC Thunder...not the Iphone 4G love, which is CDMA and runs on the 4G network. I know my ****! I don't want the Iphone at all...I'm waiting for 2nd quarter releases.

Me:
    Sweetheart... Angie.. Darling.. There IS no iphone 4g for Verizon. It's a 3g Device.. on the 3g Network. If you knew your ****, you would've watched the coverage.. There is no "second quater" iphone for verizon. this is the initial release.... Once again:

11:22AM Q: Why didn't you go the LTE route?

Tim: Two reasons -- the first gen LTW chipsets force design changes we wouldn't make. And Verizon customers told us they want the iPhone now. I can't tell you the number of times we've been asked 'when will it work on Verizon.'
  8. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

my moms def gonna get one cause its the "cool" phone. i shoulda got her an android for christmas or something. shes rocking a storm 1, so she has no idea how many leaps and bounds better an android device is.
  9. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

For some people that don't care as much for tech, the iPhone is a better choice for your mother. I'm ordering one for my wife as she doesn't like my Incredible and the Droid interface as much. Plus, I already have a ton of apps for my iTouch and iPad, so this will work great.
  10. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

i know it suits her, i just really really REALLY hate apple
  11. jkhonea

How much experience do you have with Apple? I used to really dislike them, then got an iPod Touch and Macbook Pro. Added an iPad to the mix also. I have Windows 7 and Mac on the Macbook Pro and this is the best laptop I have ever owned, period. Wouldn't even think of another one. If you haven't tried it, I would recommend it. Does it cost more? Yes. But the the hardware is actually really well made. Usually I would get a new laptop every year. I've had this one for eighteen months and still no plans to upgrade.
  12. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

Ive had it out for apple for over a decade. And i have used apple products. i own an iPod, because my Pioneer 9800BT interfaces with it. my best friend is probably the biggest apple fanboy ever. hes worked for AT&T for 4-5 years. at any given time, he has 2-3 iPhones in his apartment, he has a macbook, and 2 iPads (1 he won at work). Ive used all his devices many times. Its not that I think theys crappy or poorly made. My despise of Apple is strictly on the business end. And my Dell inspiron E1505 has lasted me several years now without issue, so why would I even consider switching?
  13. jkhonea

Gotcha, I understand about the business practices side.
  14. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

It just amazes me that people put up with it. Understandable with the iPhone simply because it was so far ahead of its time. But ive never had issues with Windows, minimum issues with Dell (none with current laptop), and definitely no issues with Android...so there is nothing that would ever make me want or need an apple product.
  15. jkhonea

See, I have had only positive interaction with Apple. Their warranties have been amazing on the only times I've had to use them. I had ONE pixel go out on my iPod Touch that was 18 months old. I had AppleCare on it. Took it in, they immediately got me a brand new, refurbished (and refurbs from Apple truly are like new) iPod Touch with no questions asked. When I have had questions about software, always gotten excellent help and never left with a problem unresolved.
  16. elvis_marmaduke

How much did you macbook pro cost?
    And was the iphone really the only thing they announced? :(

Sent from my Droid
  17. ipawd1

ipawd1 New Member

My Macbook Pro cost me like 1100 total, without the insurance (still have to buy that before January is up..).
  18. elvis_marmaduke

Point being you could get a pretty mean (non-apple) laptop for that much nowadays especially if you find a good deal (which is A LOT easier With non-apple products). My point being that people pay a lot then brag about how good their apple is... but if you put that much into a normal comp (especially desktop side) you will have a beast of a machine.

And then to make it worse half of them install windows on their mac anyways! Why not save the money and get a better machine and install mac os on that? "Because it doesn't perform as good when its done that way!" Lies I know this guy that priced macs (just to prove a point) saw one of the more top of the line ones, spent 500 LESS building his own, installed osx on it and it was WAY faster than any mac machine I've seen.

Im not trying to hate but i can't stand when companies charge way more just for the name. That's why I cant stand apples desktop/laptop market and only lime their mobile products.

Sent from my Droid
  19. jkhonea

Same here, I got the educational discount. The other way I would recommend if you can't get the education is factory refurbished. They are just like brand new, same warranties, everything.

And the AppleCare is the ONLY extended warranty I have ever bought that I whole heartedly recommend. Worth every dime.
  20. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Apple doesn't make their components. They're all using the same parts, that's the funny bit.

I had a Dell laptop for 5 years before actually breaking it myself (bad poker beat). Then I had another Dell for 3 years. Really never had a single problem. Cheap, fast and easy getting everything I wanted at a great price. But then their customer service absolutely fell off a cliff and got tired of waiting on a new order and went somewhere else.

Not to knock Mac's, they're good computers, but they are 10% of the market, people who, for the most part, the marketing works on. I'm sorry, there's really no other way to put it, Mac's are comparatively overpriced and the only reason to buy one is it's trendy or hip or because you think the quality is superior, which again really not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.