Thoughts and Prayers for the families in Paris

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There were attacks in other places too..like Beirut and a couple of other places..none have gotten the media attention that Paris has gotten..idk the severity or "success"of the attacks...but i do know Paris wasn't alone in being attacked..
The difference is that Beirut and the others are hit all the time, normal isn't news worthy.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The difference is that Beirut and the others are hit all the time, normal isn't news worthy.
That's probably true..you would think so the world could see just how broad spectrum the issue is..they'd report on it all..then again...that may be why they don't.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If they, the media, reported it all, they would have to admit it's a Islamic issue, they say ISIS/ISIL, but not the word Islamic... And what does the first letter in the IS/IL represent? Islamic... Their name they use.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It's actually a small percentage of Muslims practicing Islam that are ISIS/ISIL followers and most denounce the practices and teachings of ISIS/ISIL. It is not any different than saying the Holocaust was a Christian issue or that Jimmy Jones in Jonestown or Westboro Baptist Church is a Christian issue. They all carry out their agendas using their Christian beliefs as their weapon but it is not representative of a majority of Christians.

That is exactly what the terrorists want... to make the world believe it's an Islamic issue, so that the world will attack all Muslims regardless of their Islamic beliefs. And as that happens, their ability to attract more radicals to carry out their terrorism increases.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's actually a small percentage of Muslims practicing Islam that are ISIS/ISIL followers and most denounce the practices and teachings of ISIS/ISIL. It is not any different than saying the Holocaust was a Christian issue or that Jimmy Jones in Jonestown or Westboro Baptist Church is a Christian issue. They all carry out their agendas using their Christian beliefs as their weapon but it is not representative of a majority of Christians.

That is exactly what the terrorists want... to make the world believe it's an Islamic issue, so that the world will attack all Muslims regardless of their Islamic beliefs. And as that happens, their ability to attract more radicals to carry out their terrorism increases.

They want chaos. In their belief world chaos, like using nukes or collapsing the economies of the world will cause their savior to come to earth and fix it all for Muslims and throw all infidels into the fiery lake

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They want chaos. In their belief world chaos, like using nukes or collapsing the economies of the world will cause their savior to come to earth and fix it all for Muslims and throw all infidels into the fiery lake

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Are you referring to ISIS or Islam? ISIS, like Al Qaeda, is a corrupted version of the religion. ISIS goal is to convince the world and other Muslims that there is a war against Islam. Despite the acts they continue to commit the world overall has been able to distinguish the difference between them and those who practice Islam. That is as far as I can go without turning this into a religious debate.

I'll say this to try and make a point without violating our rules on religion. I may not agree with a person's choice in being a Raider's or an Eagle's fan. But just because every time I turn on the news I see an Eagle fan or Raider fan being unruly and tearing up the stadium does not mean every person who is a fan is like that. There are a lot of Eagle and Raider fans who watch the game and know how to conduct themselves like they are suppose to. Plus I know that if I am to be honest and really look deep I will see that there are a lot of 49er fans getting into fights and causing trouble as well.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Are you referring to ISIS or Islam? ISIS, like Al Qaeda, is a corrupted version of the religion. ISIS goal is to convince the world and other Muslims that there is a war against Islam. Despite the acts they continue to commit the world overall has been able to distinguish the difference between them and those who practice Islam. That is as far as I can go without turning this into a religious debate.

I'll say this to try and make a point without violating our rules on religion. I may not agree with a person's choice in being a Raider's or an Eagle's fan. But just because every time I turn on the news I see an Eagle fan or Raider fan being unruly and tearing up the stadium does not mean every person who is a fan is like that. There are a lot of Eagle and Raider fans who watch the game and know how to conduct themselves like they are suppose to. Plus I know that if I am to be honest and really look deep I will see that there are a lot of 49er fans getting into fights and causing trouble as well.
That is it in a nutshell... ISIS (not Muslims or Islam) want world chaos. And one of Bin Laden's main purposes in the 9/11 attacks was to engage us in a war that would destroy our economy and bankrupt us (which almost succeeded). Our world power and wealth was a huge target. Break this down and it will be a huge step in succeeding in the rest of the world. In addition, the goal of ISIS to create a world climate of hate towards Muslims and Islam so that all Muslims are targeted. And they are succeeding. How many reports, opinions, arguments have you heard targeting anyone who may be Muslim without any care or distinction of whether they are ISIS/ISIL. It is what they want. And people are falling for it...while they laugh. How easy it is to for them to then assert that there is a war against Islam.

Excellent analogy pc747. Very few Muslims are ISIS followers and we need to understand this distinction. If not, we are falling right in line to their play book.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You need to understand that the ones who do follow what Isis stands for..will never show their hand until they are at your throat..

Also..yeah..football fans are rowdy..but I've yet to see a ticked off tailgaiter behead someone..

Radical Islam by definition is kinda odd..I personally haven't read the Qur'an.. But any book that says its OK to lie to people to make them easier targets, or that it's OK to do to women and children, what passages of that book say..well..sounds pretty far out of the realm I want to understand... That's saying a lot for me..I'm as nutty as you get.. And i try to see all sides clearly. But there is a lot about that religion that needs to evolve..just like Christianity has evolved and will hopefully continue to evolve..I'm speaking of the practices of the crusades..
But stoning people for being raped..disfiguring women..the list goes on...these are not the practices of people who aren't willing to get their hands dirty..

No not all of any religion is "bad" ..just like those who lack religion aren't all bad..but before we start throwing their beliefs at our children..we need to assess what it is we try to shield our kids from..and what we're opening them up to..just a thought..

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Either way I dont want to take away from this thread. We can go around and around on our views and opinions and we know that one post may or may not change the way someone views something. In the end I just wanted to keep the main focus on the families of the victims. When it is all said and done no matter what your beliefs or views we all can take a moment (if we haven't done so already) to pray (if that is what you do) or think about the people. There will be a lot of time to talk about the other stuff at a later time and place. I just remember how we felt on 9/11 and for at least the first days it was hard to feel safe again. I remember people swearing to never fly again or even leave their homes. Here we are now able to look at that and see that we have been able to recover and air travel is booming as well as our economy (no doubt a lot of it being because of our brave men and women who laid their lives on the line). I am sure many right now in Paris is having a tough time dealing with this and they are going to be bombarded with the politics and the rhetoric but for those actually grieving a pray for a sense of peace and comfort.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Agreed...it's sad that this has happened.. So many innocent lives lost due to such a trivial thing...imho

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google search public speeches by the former Iranian president, thatdudeneedstogetajob, or whatever his name is, about the holocaust being fictitious, why Iran is doing what it's doing, etc. Not saying he's following true Islamic principles or any of that, just that extremism isn't just a small minority of Muslims that are trying to brain wash the poor and downtrodden to become martyrs for the cause. Look up the Farrakhan speeches over the last couple of years while at it. They fall right into line with the Alinski book that our president supposedly is a really big fan of, and has been since before taking office.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><