Thought only iphone's could use pinch zoom bc of patent rights?

jtdiddy

Reaction score
I thought apple owned the patent rights to the pinch zoom technology.how is that the x and some other phones have it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Because that is what the brain washing was designed for you to think. Step away from the dark side. There is news and information here designed to enlighten you

Freedoom

Reaction score
Apple doesn't have any pinch to zoom patents, they applied for them and they haven't been approved, but they won't because Jeff Han did pinch-to-zoom 2 years before the iPhone, then there was also Surface that debuted before the iPhone came out.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Even for the patents Apple does have for the iPhone, they're also infringing on many others. It's kind of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy; it'd be a legal ****storm and set phone technology back five years if Google, Microsoft and Apple all started suing each other over every patent infringement. Only the real egregious ones actually happen and go to court, generally :)

brochaos

Reaction score
palm actually owned the most patents i believe, perhaps even ones pertaining to pinch to zoom. there was a engadget article about a year ago that cleared up a bunch of the myths...

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
It's sort of like trying to patent a football throwing motion... or a steering wheel turn... I mean, you can patent the steering mechanism and the drive shaft design, but not the turning motion itself..

oc noob

Reaction score
It's sort of like trying to patent a football throwing motion... or a steering wheel turn... I mean, you can patent the steering mechanism and the drive shaft design, but not the turning motion itself..

Its not pinch to zoom, its drawling your fingers towards each other to zoom. No painful pinching involved. :icon_ banana: