Thought I had some intelligence

harv2000

Reaction score
Then I upgraded from the D1 to the D2 and attempted to use the standard email app (I prefer the appearance of the standard app to K9 Mail). I have 5 email accounts drawing into the email app. Several things elude me. First, I thought there was a universal inbox, but can't seem to get there. Second, the inbox for the "default account" is the only one I see displayed. The only way I've found to display emails from the other accounts is to go into the app settings, select another default email account, exit the app and restart it, and finally it will display only the emails from that account, until I repeat the steps for another account. Please tell me where I've gone stupid? Tapping the account name at the top of the screen results in the display of the folders for that account. Long press on the account name results in the same display. I'm missing something obvious, but what?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you setting up your accounts in the Gmail or Email app?

For Email accounts there is a universal inbox for Email accounts, but Gmail accounts are not included...the app is called Messaging in your app tray. open that for access to the universal inbox (as well as texting and Facebook).

If these are Gmail accounts there is no universal inbox...you change between accounts from one of the email accounts via Menu>Accounts. The lack of a universal/combined inbox for Gmail accounts is one of the biggest weaknesses of the Android OS, IMHO.

I've never had more than one Email account set up, so can't help w/changing accounts in the Email app.