Those with the official ota need some feedback

gwtwin

Reaction score
Good to see I'm not alone with this reboot issue. If a solution comes about please share

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

pandabear

Reaction score
I'm also experiencing reboots. I'm rooted with stock rom, used the rooted leaked update. I think I might try a ROM, see if that fixes it. Does anyone know if I unroot, go back to stock and try to apply the OTA update, will I be able to regain root access?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm also experiencing reboots. I'm rooted with stock rom, used the rooted leaked update. I think I might try a ROM, see if that fixes it. Does anyone know if I unroot, go back to stock and try to apply the OTA update, will I be able to regain root access?

yes you will. Assuming you did it the ADB method. Not sure about the easy root method.

When I root...Im just going to do the ADB route.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
from android central:

HTC, Verizon working on ThunderBolt reboots

By Phil Nickinson 18 May 2011 8:35 am

When it comes to the HTC ThunderBolt, probably our biggest gripe is the spate of reboots. Look down, and, yep, there it goes again. It's one thing if it's a hacked phone with nightly builds -- and another if it's a stock consumer release.
But the good news is that some whiny blogger whined about it on Twitter, and Verizon responded with what you see above. Not that we had any doubt that HTC and Verizon are working to squash a bug or three, but it is nice to see it publicly.
Source: Twitter; More: ThunderBolt forums (1, 2, 3, 4)