Those with the official ota need some feedback

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Unpluged at 4am, Just hit 15% with the TB just sitting here on the desk.....8.5hrs :/

Well there are 2 ways you can approach this.

1) rom

2) turn off background data, turn off phone data when not in use. Get an extended battery, and lock on 3g until you really need to use lte. All that minus the extended battery should get you 10-12.5 hours.

or combine 1 & 2 for ultimate battery life.

Why, It was fine before the Update.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unpluged at 4am, Just hit 15% with the TB just sitting here on the desk.....8.5hrs :/

LTE enabled the whole time? and stock?

Yes and in a LTE area....Was getting 14+hrs before the update

Weird... the more I hear/read, the more I think a lot of the problems are related less to the phone and more to the eHRPD network being tweaked/updated/fixed/whatever causing inconsistent 4G/LTE signal... and 3G in some cases as well.

It'll be interesting to see how the Charge does when it comes out this weekend. I'm convinced it won't be much better despite how it's being hyped.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

1) rom

2) turn off background data, turn off phone data when not in use. Get an extended battery, and lock on 3g until you really need to use lte. All that minus the extended battery should get you 10-12.5 hours.

Soo basically don't use your phone. Might as well take the battery out too.

You don't need background data on to use your phone. Infact I forget that it is off until I try to go into the market and it reminds me to turn it back in. I use my device just fine, I don't see why I need data to be on while the phone is in my pocket.

sent from droidforums app

kcxj

Reaction score
I got the update late yesterday morning and had 2 reboots. Today I have had three and called in the Verizon support, they had me do a hard reset, reseat SIM card and do a Factory Reset. Once I got off the phone, the darn thing rebooted itself again. They want to give me a CLNR. :(

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

1) rom

Why, It was fine before the Update.

Weird but not unreal people using the leak was getting different results but for the most part most saw better battery life. After my random reboots I decided to just run a Rom since that was the main reason I wanted it anyway. ROM been running fine.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got the update late yesterday morning and had 2 reboots. Today I have had three and called in the Verizon support, they had me do a hard reset, reseat SIM card and do a Factory Reset. Once I got off the phone, the darn thing rebooted itself again. They want to give me a CLNR. :(

Hahaha its not your phone its the update. I bet you did not have that problem before the update and I bet if you root and run a Rom it will go away.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I noticed that too. When phone is idle battery drains faster. Went to battery stats and Android system is in 60-70% when prior to update it was in single digits.

Tapatalked from Thunderbolt

Javaknight

Reaction score
I noticed that too. When phone is idle battery drains faster. Went to battery stats and Android system is in 60-70% when prior to update it was in single digits.

I thought I was going crazy but I guess it really is draining faster :/

MadScientist

Reaction score
I also did not have reboot problems before the update. Since updating yesterday at 2PM I have had about one every two hours. This is terrible and it always appears to happen when I'm running Pandora. Is there a way to roll back to the previous software? I have since noticed a little worse battery life as well with no improvements in 3G.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

ziggy484

Reaction score
I guess im in the minority, but... Got this phone about a week ago, had way better batt life than my fascinate, 15hrs easy, with 4g off. Even better it seems since update, and zero reboots before and after. Fully stock, no root

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score

Seriously...i feel like my phone eats the battery when idle

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I fixed that problem by pulling battery. Now Android system is back to single digits and battery lasts much longer.

borq646

Reaction score

1) rom

Soo basically don't use your phone. Might as well take the battery out too.

You don't need background data on to use your phone. Infact I forget that it is off until I try to go into the market and it reminds me to turn it back in. I use my device just fine, I don't see why I need data to be on while the phone is in my pocket.

You do if you depend on it for email. Like many do for work.

bernardino5

Reaction score
For those experiencing random reboots or any problem @ all why not wipe out ur phone c if that works it sucks but as a last resort I would do it on mine if it starts acting up once I download the ota

"ThuNd3rB0lT"