Those "renting" rezounds and razrs

sloshopgirl

Reaction score
If you can give BBY Mobile a GOOD reason as to why you need to exchange it, they usually will take care of you. And only 15 days out isn't as bad as the people that come in 35 days later and try to pull the "I don't like it" card.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Interesting... I'm a Premier Silver member as well, but was told it did not apply to phones. I need to double check on that now! :icon_eek:

Never had any issue, and have done it at several different Best Buys. The receipt (on the back) specifically lists what it excludes, and mobile phones aren't listed.

patriot95

Reaction score
If you can give BBY Mobile a GOOD reason as to why you need to exchange it, they usually will take care of you. And only 15 days out isn't as bad as the people that come in 35 days later and try to pull the "I don't like it" card.

I wonder if ZOMG ITZ TEH NEXUS is a good reason...

Sounds like I will somehow be able to work the magic, though. I know the Nexus will be out within 30 days of my purchase, just not 14. Thanks for the info sloshopgirl.

sloshopgirl

Reaction score
Update! Just spoke to my GM.. Best Buy will honor our 30 day mobile return policy or 45 extended for Premier Silver members no matter what... HOWEVER, as noted before, if you sign a new contract with your carrier, you have within 14 days to "get your upgrade back", but Best Buy will allow you to return or exchange... We don't restrict our return policy based on carrier policy.

And you're welcome! Glad I could help :) Good luck!

patriot95

Reaction score
Update! Just spoke to my GM.. Best Buy will honor our 30 day mobile return policy or 45 extended for Premier Silver members no matter what... HOWEVER, as noted before, if you sign a new contract with your carrier, you have within 14 days to "get your upgrade back", but Best Buy will allow you to return or exchange... We don't restrict our return policy based on carrier policy.

And you're welcome! Glad I could help :) Good luck!

:yr1:

dtho16

Reaction score
Simple. People are deciding that it is worth $35 to them to have a newer phone than they currently have, even if for just a month. Would you pay $1 a day to have the best phone on the market, and when a better phone comes out you just swap it out? These people would. Some other people wouldn't (like me). But my reason has nothing to do with the $35. When I bought the Bionic (the phone I thought I would have for 2 years) and was disappointed I ended up returning it. It took 4 hours of my time at Radio Shack just to get the phone returned and my 2 year upgrade put back on my account. 4 hours of PAIN. I plan to avoid that situation in the future and if that means another month with my barely working OG, then so be it.

I'm "renting" a rezound or razr because I was planning to switch to verizon from sprint anyways, and also I didn't want to lose out on the double data plan special they're having while waiting for the galaxy nexus.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would rent a Rezound, but I'm a little worried about the differing responses I've received from Verizon employees about whether you can return a device that's been activated for more than 14 days.

So far I've asked 3 different employees, 2 said you have 14 days to return after activation, one said you have until January 15th no matter what.