"This SIM card is from an unknown source" message gone?

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Just noticed. I turned the phone off and on several times and that annoying message (for users who have a non Verizon SIM) seems suddenly disappeared. Well, I'm not complaining, just curious to know if this happened to others.

OP
Mr_Wolf

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
False allarm: it's back. ... :frown:

coolicool

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't get this notifications

Sent from my iNew V3 using Tapatalk

sonyjohn

Reaction score
XXSIM card connects seamlessly and reliably to the best GSM networks in over 190 countries around the world, providing better call quality and higher speeds when accessing the internet. Call quality, sound and voice is identical to a call that you would perform with a national mobile operator. There is no difference in quality

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, it just hadn't had a chance to check yet. Once it get around to checking it should have thrown the error.

Cyber.Logic

Reaction score
Got rid of the message.

If you want to get rid of the annoying pop-up, just uninstall vzwphoneservice.apk.

OP
Mr_Wolf

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
If you want to get rid of the annoying pop-up, just uninstall vzwphoneservice.apk.

Many thanks! I was just having a look, but I couldn't find that apk, at least, among the apps installed.
Or do I need another program to find and uninstall it?

Cyber.Logic

Reaction score
Many thanks! I was just having a look, but I couldn't find that apk, at least, among the apps installed.

Use a file Explorer and go to /system/app and uninstall it from there. Reboot, and you shouldn't get the message anymore. :)

OP
Mr_Wolf

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
That worked! Many thanks! dancedroid

jaiunder925

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
GS3
How?! I can't find that filename. I tried samsung kies, windows explorer and searching for it on my files app. I have sch-535 verison gs3
How?...
Use a file Explorer and go to /system/app and uninstall it from there. Reboot, and you shouldn't get the message anymore. :)
Really?! I cant

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Are you saying you're getting this error now?

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.