This should be the easiest question of the day...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you would tell us which wallpaper it is someone might have already ripped it loose and set it free. That way we can try to point and you can shoot. Mmm. Fresh wallpaper! And freerange wallpaper is delicious. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The wallpapers are stored in the stock launcher.apk but on the D2 it is not named launcher.apk - it is named something else

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
For future reference they are in system/app/BlurHome.apk/res/drawable-hdpi -

For today I pulled them all for you :)

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For future reference they are in system/app/BlurHome.apk/res/drawable-hdpi -

For today I pulled them all for you :)

That is AWESOME. Thank you!! dancedroid

Only thing is, I don't know if its the file manager I'm using or what, but it doesn't let me into the apk... if I tap on the apk in system/app it gives me a bunch of info on the apk and it has buttons for install, backup, info, etc. I played hell trying to figure it out. That saves me lots of headache. Thanks again!

And thanks to everyone for their help, I THOUGHT it would be the easiest question of the day, I guess not LOL :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Root Explorer let's you do almost anything within your device - well worth the few dollars it costs

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Root Explorer let's you do almost anything within your device - well worth the few dollars it costs

I'm using "Super Manager"... I dont remember if it was a paid app or not. I lost track LOL

I've read that about Root Explorer, as well as Astro. I'll check 'em out.

A buncha thanks for your help though. :)

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

So I went to AppBrain, and I dropped a couple beans for Root Explorer, and I strolled right in there and found the wallpapers in the /res directory. Sooooo, it must be a limitation in the file explorer I WAS using. I had only used it for copying and backing up files and stuff.

Which brings me to a question about something I found in Root Explorer...when I opened it up there is something at the top that says "Mounted as r/o" and a button that says "Mount r/w"... what does that mean and what does that do?

I didn't mess with it because I didn't know what it is... :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It mounts the system as read only/read write - when trying to delete or overwrite something you might get the error "system not mounted as read write" - just select this toggle and perform the action again

dbst

Reaction score
Mount R/W = Mount system as read and write, Mount R/O = Mount system as read only

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It mounts the system as read only/read write - when trying to delete or overwrite something you might get the error "system not mounted as read write" - just select this toggle and perform the action again

Mount R/W = Mount system as read and write, Mount R/O = Mount system as read only

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Ahhhh, ok. Well I dont have any need to delete or overwrite anything but at least I know what it does.

Thanks guys! :)