This should b an easy 1 for you guys.

darkserpant

Reaction score
Is there a way where I can organize my contacts? What I mean is I want to have my work contacts sepaerate from my friends and family. Not all together. I looked for an app. but im not sure if the ones I found would do the trick. Hoping some of you guys had this done already. tHnaks

OP
D

darkserpant

Reaction score
well I did this so far but it doesent work.....I click on contacts click menu click display group I then created a new group called work contacts. Then I clicked on work contacts then menu again to add new contacts to that work group. I saved the name and number of a co worker says saved to contacts but it doesent show up there or anywhere. There has to b a way to do this i just am to dumb to figure it out.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt it is you. Are you creating the groups on a computer or your phone? If you are using your phone you would need to use your browser to access your Gmail account.

OP
D

darkserpant

Reaction score
I did this on my phone. Im confused y I would have to do it on my gmail account. What does gmail have to do with my contacts on my phone? Thanks for help by the way

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your Gmail contacts are associated with your Google/Gmail account. If you read the note at the end of the instructions it may clarify.

To create a contact group:

1. Click Contacts along the side of any page.
2. Click the New Group link on the left side of the Contact Manager, or select Create new from the Groups drop-down menu.
3. Enter the name of the group.
4. Click OK.

To add contacts to a contact group:

1. Select the contacts in the Contacts list.
2. Open the Groups drop-down menu.
3. Select the group you'd like to add the contact to, or select Create new to create a new group.

Note: These instructions work only with the newer version of Gmail. If they don't match what you see in your Contact Manager, we suggest that you upgrade to a fully supported browser or click Newer version in your account.

OP
D

darkserpant

Reaction score
good morning. i did excatly as you said. But on my phone I dont see where the new work group I created is. I added 2 people from my contacts to the new work group on in my gmail contact account and I also synced it on my droid 2 phone but it didnt change anything. still the same cause they are still in my normal contacts. I dont see where I can switch to my work contact group.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
good morning. i did excatly as you said. But on my phone I dont see where the new work group I created is. I added 2 people from my contacts to the new work group on in my gmail contact account and I also synced it on my droid 2 phone but it didnt change anything. still the same cause they are still in my normal contacts. I dont see where I can switch to my work contact group.

Your right, creating groups on the D2 is different then on the D1.

From your Droid select contacts. Menu button display groups.

Then select create new group. Give the group a name, press add members.

All contacts will be displayed. Back arrow to remove the keyboard, select members of new group, press done.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you. It did for me.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, Hook!

Sorry for the confusion, darkserpant.

Mike