This Really Sucks!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad... in three months from the 29th, more new phones will be out, 3 months from then, more new phones will be release... it just goes on and on and on, you can never catch-up... lol

This is just so true. It will go on and on and you're always going to feel "cheated." Heck a phone that I paid 200.00 for originally is now available for as low as 19.95 and even cheaper. But I don't feel ripped off and I'm keeping my Droid until my contract expires in September.

From there I don't know what I'll do. Have to see what's available or even if I'll stay with Verizon. But I'll bet I won't even be thinking about the Incredible by then as a possibility.

gsf

Reaction score
Don't feel bad... in three months from the 29th, more new phones will be out, 3 months from then, more new phones will be release... it just goes on and on and on, you can never catch-up... lol

This is just so true. It will go on and on and you're always going to feel "cheated." Heck a phone that I paid 200.00 for originally is now available for as low as 19.95 and even cheaper. But I don't feel ripped off and I'm keeping my Droid until my contract expires in September.

From there I don't know what I'll do. Have to see what's available or even if I'll stay with Verizon. But I'll bet I won't even be thinking about the Incredible by then as a possibility.

That's the only way you beat the system and the hype, or at least not take a huge hit... is wait to renew contracts, there will always be a phone that is bigger, better, more powerful, faster, and better capabilities. will see 4g being the norm, phone cams, cable tv, satellite radio being the norm, and GOD knows else.

Nobody does it better than APPLE to create HYPE and create the WANT. People ran out bought the iPhone like there was no tomorrow, and then came all the problems and let downs, no camera, no insurance, poor service, no interchangeable battery, poor GPS, poor 3g availability... and yet they sold like crazy. Go Figure

I remember my hand held cell phone the late 80's, 30$ with 30 minutes with ROAMING CHARGES... it was state-of-the-art... and only a few people had them... Then came everything else..... OH WELL.

I will be getting the INCREDIBLE ON THE 29TH AND IN TWO YEARS I WILL BE GETTING THE NEXT STATE-OF-THE-ART CELL PHONE.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
My 2c - I not too long ago went from a dumb phone (motorola rockr) to a rooted and overclocked Droid. I'm still walkin' around with a big ole sh*t eatin' grin. No need for me to jump at the next iteration. I'm a motorola man, myself. Every cell phone I've ever had has been a motorola. They build them to military specs. Even my cable modem/wireless router is a motorola. When motorola builds their 4g droid 2, I may jump.

joeymoose

Reaction score
The main reason I jumped is I have never typed a single sentence with the Physical keyboard. It adds bulk and weight (not much) but its like carrying a gun and not using it... :)

Also my son and I watch a fair amount of Movies on my Droid, Now we won't have to sit on top of each other thanks to the TV-out cable...

texasPI

Reaction score
I want it...have an account upgrade open...but I dunno...its such a slight upgrade, that I don't know if I want to burn my upgrade.

Its just not that big a step up from what I have now. I might skip and wait for shock and awe of a phone shipping with Froyo.

Same here, I have two upgrades available on two lines. The line I have the Droid on is up for upgrade in September so I think I'll wait the 4 months or so...the wife will kill me if I upgrade again now...:icon_eek:

atthehop

Reaction score
My son used his upgrade w/o telling me and I had to cancel one of my pre orders, now I have to wait until the end of June and try to talk my daughter out of her upgrade. :(

mkzbdroid

Reaction score
You can sell the droid to help offset your cost. But be warned, there will be a phone coming out in 3-6 months that will eclipse the Incredible. It is the nature of this game.

honestly I beg to differ actually I dont think a a smart-phone finds its niche in the market untill 6 months, because by then there has been at-least one update to really improve the device from shipment...then again I was with blackberries for 6 years so maybe thats just my take, but I never ever bought a smart-phone before 6 months because they always had bugs and problems in my opinion...

zengirl

Reaction score
I've read 7-8 reviews of the Incredible and all of them except for one said that the call quality is as good or better than the Droid. In fact, the one reviewer that was having calling issues is the only person I have seen that is not impressed with it.[/QUOTE]

I have the Incredible and absolutely love it. I'm very impressed with...well... everything. Except for call quality. It's pretty bad, but I have seen lots of reviews saying otherwise - maybe it's a hardware issue only affecting some phones?

atthehop

Reaction score
Where are you and how many bars do you have when it sucks. I activated my sons this morning and its great but then I am in NO. NJ, Verizon's back yard and we have towers galore so even AT&T is very good.

secgeek

Reaction score
It's funny, be careful what you ask for you just might get it.

The Incredible looks like a great phone, it's true. On paper that is. But one never knows until one gets their hands on it.

Make sure you try it out before buying it at a Verizon Store. Also word is that phone quality is bad on the Incredible. I'm not saying that's true but as more people get their hands on this device I suspect that we will start to hear a lot more negative remarks. Hang on to your Droid a week or so after getting the Incredible, you never know. It might be the Incredible you want to sell.

On paper the incredible is a better phone... After 12 hours side by side... The incredible is only somewhat faster.... Camera somewhat better... Interface.. eh I like it but GDE on the Droid was completely customizable so I'm not sure which is better.. I do like senseui so I will give you that... However... and a big however...

The battery on the Incredible lasts about 5 hours with casual usage.. (Please don't tell me about task killers, stopping sync services etc..., this is my 3rd Android phone and I have it optimized already)...

Here is my quick review...

So I got it last night at best buy after the usual 30 minutes of the CSR trying to figure out how to add a line to my account... Oh well.. They threw in the 2gb Card and I bought and 8gb so I can give my sister my moto Droid with the 8 and take the 16 for the incredible...

I got home this morning at 3am drunk... Managed to plug it in alongside my Droid... This morning at 8 when I rolled out of bed I took them both off the charger.. Did some light surfing on it and downloaded about 6 apps, synced my e-mail for 3 accounts, facebook and Twitter....

Headed to work... 30 minutes on the train.. both phones searching for service, Both Phones receiving my google voice sms messages, both set for push gmail. Both Logged into Aim/Googletalk

At around Noon the battery on the incredible was in Orange Zone... The Droid was still running strong almost full. I actually made a 10 min call on the Droid as well.... This isn't going to work.. Maybe just because its the first charge, but first impression not good....

Charged the incredible till 100% and both phones were just sitting on my desk (same sync profiles for both)... After 2 hours Moto Droid is at 70% Battery Incredible is at 60% (6 bars) WTF...

Fast Forward 2 hours

Charged it one more time to 100% when the phone was in orange... Now 2 hours off the charger, battery is at 50% and guess what Droid is at 45%... Hasn't been on the charger since 8am this morning... Actually made 2 calls on the Droid and not single call on the Incredible...

Final Thought... Might have to buy the Seido, but I will wait for the 3500... the current battery is 1300 gets around 5 hours of light usage, so the 1750 might get another 1-2 hours... I can't be functional with a phone that only lasts 7 hours.. I am away from my desk sometimes from the moment I get into the office... If I can get 12 solid hours with the 3500, I'd be ok with a little bit extra weight.. Otherwise the Incredible might have to go back no matter how much I love it...