This Really Sucks!!

Hivoltage

Reaction score
Man I really love this phone, the size of an Iphone which I have always wanted but no ATT service in my area. So now this Incredible comes out 3 months after I bought a Droid. I hate the slide out keypad on my Doid...I never use it. Always sliding open when I pull it from my holster. So it is going to cost me over $500 if I want to upgrade? No other options?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can sell the droid to help offset your cost. But be warned, there will be a phone coming out in 3-6 months that will eclipse the Incredible. It is the nature of this game.

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
unfortunately yes that is the case...if you want you can always try and sell the droid online so as to get some money back before gettting the incredible

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

Reaction score
Yeah I understand about the new phones issue, it is the keypad I hate and dont get along with. How would I sell my Droid online.....I mean how do I get it ready to sell. If I could get a couple hundred out of it I would order a new Incredible right now.

joeymoose

Reaction score
Yeah I understand about the new phones issue, it is the keypad I hate and dont get along with. How would I sell my Droid online.....I mean how do I get it ready to sell. If I could get a couple hundred out of it I would order a new Incredible right now.

You can get around $300 on ebay, I will be selling mine sometime next week with a ton of cases and extra's.

I'm getting the Incredible for $150 so I will actually make a nice profit.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Do a factory reset and reformat your SDcard. When you get the new phone have Verizon activate it with your current phone number. Then put the Droid on ebay or craigs list. You should be able to easily get 200 - 300 for it.

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

Reaction score
So I can get the phone number off of it myself and clear the SD card? If so I will put it on Ebay right now and use my work phone until the Incredible gets here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's funny, be careful what you ask for you just might get it.

The Incredible looks like a great phone, it's true. On paper that is. But one never knows until one gets their hands on it.

Make sure you try it out before buying it at a Verizon Store. Also word is that phone quality is bad on the Incredible. I'm not saying that's true but as more people get their hands on this device I suspect that we will start to hear a lot more negative remarks. Hang on to your Droid a week or so after getting the Incredible, you never know. It might be the Incredible you want to sell.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The reviews I've read were split on call quality. There are at least two people on this forum or incredibleforum that have received their phones early and say the call quality is excellent. Easily on par with the Droid.

CatsTide

Reaction score

The Incredible looks like a great phone, it's true. On paper that is. But one never knows until one gets their hands on it.

Make sure you try it out before buying it at a Verizon Store. Also word is that phone quality is bad on the Incredible. I'm not saying that's true but as more people get their hands on this device I suspect that we will start to hear a lot more negative remarks. Hang on to your Droid a week or so after getting the Incredible, you never know. It might be the Incredible you want to sell.
come on hook...sounds like you're not getting one and are a bit jealous :icon_ banana:

Cole119

Reaction score

I've read 7-8 reviews of the Incredible and all of them except for one said that the call quality is as good or better than the Droid. In fact, the one reviewer that was having calling issues is the only person I have seen that is not impressed with it.

darreno1

Reaction score
For me, so far, the two most impressive phones other than the Droid is the evo 4g and the Galaxy S. If I'm leaving my Droid, it's for a bigger screen, at least 1gig of rom storage and at least 1ghz processor. An 8mp camera would be nice but I'd settle for a decent 5mp. The Incredible seems better than the n1 and for a first time buyer might be the better phone over the Droid, but as the next phone up, I'm not sure if it's worth it (unless of course, one can get a great deal on one).

To the OP: like others have said, Ebay is your best bet. I sold my 3g and Pre on there and got decent prices for them.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I want it...have an account upgrade open...but I dunno...its such a slight upgrade, that I don't know if I want to burn my upgrade.

Its just not that big a step up from what I have now. I might skip and wait for shock and awe of a phone shipping with Froyo.

PhoneSter

Reaction score
I sold my (2 yr old) iphone on craigslist in one day no sales fee or shipping, met the person @ starbucks and left with $350.00 cash

Aluminum21

Reaction score
You can sell the droid to help offset your cost. But be warned, there will be a phone coming out in 3-6 months that will eclipse the Incredible. It is the nature of this game.

what phone is that? The EVO 4g? I thought that was only for Sprint?