This phone makes me crazy

TCPequipment

Reaction score
I have a Droid incredible . I love the computer and hate the phone. The apps available help me with my sales position but the voice activation is awful. I have a lot of windshield time and use a bluetooth headset when driving. Is there an app to make the phone understand me better . I will ask to call bill wilson and she will call don smith ( it is killing me )
Please help me

Thanks in advance

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really depends on your accent, I know there used to be some programs to "train" your voice to the phone to better recognize certain phrases.

My brother has a very southern accent and has an awful time with voice commands, but I have a very neutral accent and mine works just fine.

ttocsm

Reaction score
try Vlingo, its in the market. I love it. just turn on car mode, and say, Hey Vlingo, and she will do it all for you. Read text, or e-mail to you, respond to messages, and it will type them for you, even answer random questions, and best of all,, its free.

OP
T

TCPequipment

Reaction score
thanks TTOCAM

Something is better than nothing . I tried the app and it works better than the default system. It needs a little too much input from me while i am driving but still better than the default program.
I should have waited for the I phone

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Something is better than nothing . I tried the app and it works better than the default system. It needs a little too much input from me while i am driving but still better than the default program.

Sell yours and buy an iphone.

Did you not try this feature out in your first 30 days? You can trade it back in for another phone in that first month. Although now i believe they have switched it to 15 days as of the 16th.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
14 days as of the 16th.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Brandonovich

Reaction score
I totally agree with this post, especially coming from a BB which has fantastic voice recognition. Android is still way better, but I am constantly cursing my phone in the car. I did find that it makes a big difference which bluetooth headset you use. My Motorola, which I loved, worked terrible with my Droid. I got a blue ant T1 and it is much better.

brando56894

Reaction score
IDK if this is true but it seemed to help me since I was complaining to my friend that voice recognition was horrible and he said that it worked great (we both have OG droids): log into google voice once and it greatly improves voice recognition.

My theory is that before you do that it only uses the built in voice recognition but after you login it uses the database that google has compiled.

ttocsm

Reaction score

Does it have a better voice recognition program?
I'm sorry that this is a deal breaker for you, I'd hate to see you jump ship and them be even more disappointed with your next choice. Look at what you would be giving up... :motdroidvert: > :iphone: !!!