This phone belongs to:

SkyWylie

Reaction score
My phone suddenly says "This phone belongs to: Protected by antivirus" when not being used. I think this may be since I just started using antivirus but how do I get rid of it? Why is it there? Is there a way to change to say my name or something else?

PARick

Reaction score
You go into the antivirus settings, and add a contact. You will presumably be that contact, so it yoyu are not on your contact list, you can't add it.

heathv

Reaction score
My wifes Droid X has a opening page that has " Verizon Wireless, the time, the date " and then it has "This phone belongs to:" How do I add a name to this area???

torino216

Reaction score
I do mine through AVG antivirus. If you have this installed, open it up, click menu button, then touch remote then find lock screen message. Touch that and then follow the screen. This is the only way I know how to do it. Hope it helps!

HayWire

Reaction score
I don't even see an option anywhere to add that to the lock screen but that would be nice.. Wonder how I can do it..

heathv

Reaction score
I do mine through AVG antivirus. If you have this installed, open it up, click menu button, then touch remote then find lock screen message. Touch that and then follow the screen. This is the only way I know how to do it. Hope it helps!

Thanks for the help Torino216. That worked great......

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks torino, I've been trying to figure this out since I got my droid x in december...it worked!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

HayWire

Reaction score

I really don't see the need for AVG antivirus on the phone.. From what I've read, it only does more harm then good. Is there another way of getting it on the lock screen?

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I tried it the way torino recommended because I had avg antivirus app already and it worked..I agree that it shouldn't be necessary to use antivirus to add your name to a spot that the phone already has for you to place it there..if you find another way to do it let me know because my husband wants to put his name on his but doesn't want the antivirus app because it may decrease battery life...let me know...Linda

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Well, my Droid X will scroll my Notification Bar message on my lock screen...but I dont know if that is something in Liberty, or maybe in the Ultimate Droid Theme I am Running.

I used Liberty Toolbox to edit the Notification Bar text to display "Bagz Droid X"...and subsequently, after waking but prior to unlocking, my phone will scroll this text across the top of the screen...intermittently...:icon_eek:
Also sometimes does it while it is charging...:)

Last edited:

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hi bodybagz..I'm not rooted and I haven't added themes either so I probably can't try what you recommended, but the phrase about this phone belongs to seems to have gone away by itself..also...since I know you're very smart I'm going to ask you a question about an unrelated topic (sorry) a few minutes ago I accidentally clicked on a post about sorcery sourcery and I downloaded it without meaning to...what did I do? And how do I get rid of it? Or should I not worry..you can pm me or tell me what site to meet you at for the answer.thanks....Linda

torino216

Reaction score
Thanks torino, I've been trying to figure this out since I got my droid x in december...it worked!!!!

Glad I could help

torino216

Reaction score
I tried it the way torino recommended because I had avg antivirus app already and it worked..I agree that it shouldn't be necessary to use antivirus to add your name to a spot that the phone already has for you to place it there..if you find another way to do it let me know because my husband wants to put his name on his but doesn't want the antivirus app because it may decrease battery life...let me know...Linda

I've not seen a battery issue. There is a post about battery life and a guy who can help u extend the battery life. I tried it and I can get almost 20 hours on an extended battery. Ill see if I can find the post