This Mod Allows You To Unlock Some Pro Video Features On The Note 8

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-8-camera-jpg.77974

The Note 8 has one of the best cameras on a smartphone this year, but did you know it is capable of doing more than what it does out of the box? You can get even more use out of the Note 8 camera with a Mod made available at XDA Developer forums. With the mod you can enable HDR support while shooting 4K, and 60fps while shooting at 2K. You can also remove the 4GB file size recording limitation. This mod also increases the quality of JPG for single and burst shots. The Zero camera Mod enables even more features. You will need to be rooted to take advantage of the mod since it requires you to flash a zip file. Their may be a few bugs included with the Mod so also be sure to keep that in mind. Grab the Zero Camera Mod from the link below.

via XDA

Attachments

• Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-Camera.jpg
    Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-Camera.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 5,220

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Curious- can anyone give me a solid reason to get the Note 8 over the S8+? I got a V30 and I can't deal with the OLED defect.

I like that the Note 8 has the dual lense camera and more RAM. S-Pen is VERY cool, but I don't think I would actually use it much in real-life. I've heard some people say that the Note has better battery than the S8+, but I don't understand how that's possible when they have the same exact processor, and the Note 8 has a smaller battery and more screen real estate? I'm also worried that the placement of the Note 8's finger scanner would be difficult to manage on such a large phone, and I'm unsure how comfortably it fits in the hand? Does anyone have a reason *not* to get the S8+?

It's a bummer how stores have those security tags on the back of phones so you can't really test how comfortable it fits in your hand >_>.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Curious- can anyone give me a solid reason to get the Note 8 over the S8+? I got a V30 and I can't deal with the OLED defect.

I like that the Note 8 has the dual lense camera and more RAM. S-Pen is VERY cool, but I don't think I would actually use it much in real-life. I've heard some people say that the Note has better battery than the S8+, but I don't understand how that's possible when they have the same exact processor, and the Note 8 has a smaller battery and more screen real estate? I'm also worried that the placement of the Note 8's finger scanner would be difficult to manage on such a large phone, and I'm unsure how comfortably it fits in the hand? Does anyone have a reason *not* to get the S8+?

It's a bummer how stores have those security tags on the back of phones so you can't really test how comfortable it fits in your hand >_>.

it is really up to you. you gave the reasons why the note is different from the s8 so there really is not much else to say. I will say, if you are a power user, go with the note, if you are just a general user and no need for the s pen, then get the s8.

I was worry about the fingerprint scan myself but found it is actually convenient. it is placed so when you pick up the phone you can scan your finger automatically if you use your index finger. I thought it was going to affect my walmart and samsung pay usage but it turned out to be faster.

Gremlin

Reaction score
I have the S8 + and Note 8 through work. Their point regarding the battery life is, they are trying to say is the battery for the Note lasts same as S8+.

Yes the phone is little bigger than the S8+ and yes I took pictures on both when I was at a wedding. The two lens helped a lot.

Basically user preference. for me I would fo go for Note 8