This looks suspicious to me, how about you?

givmedew

Reaction score
If they are GSM wouldnt it be possible its a load of stolen milestones?

I think you hit the nail on the head, stolen milestones.

Yeh right, 500 stolen milestones?

This is a scam I don't know the unit only cost of these things but I would take a guess that they are 350-450 ea judging by the fact that I didn't see anyone selling more than one w/1000+ feedback (indicating it is a company) for less then $450 The ones selling for $350-400 are just indicating that the seller purchased the phone for 200 and renewed the contract.

500 units would be worth ~$162,000 at liquidation pricing meaning that this person would loose ~$112,000 compared to if he had priced these out at a movable price.

Full retail pricing on these would be $280k

I suppose the way an ebay scam would work is something like this. Rack up a usable amount of feedback then quickly sell a very high volume of something product within a small amount of time so that while people are "waiting for the item" no negative feedback is reported. Take money and RUN!

I don't know if paypal has changed their safegaurds but it used to be that if you opened a dispute in paypal about an item all paypal would require from the seller is a tracking number. If the person sent you a fake or different item paypal would tell you that all they do is make sure they sent something and its not their problem if its fraud.

This happened to me 2x once on a Movado watch. Was shipped an empty box and then again with a port, polished, built complete race head they shipped me a stock, used, destroyed head. Paypal said too bad.

Make sure you use a credit card that will eat it if you bid on things like this.

brochaos

Reaction score
heh i saw this today. i was waiting to see the word "box". i doubt it's legit as well. would like to hear from someone who bought one.

OP
M

MGee332

Reaction score
yep, fraud. His account was removed. I bookmarked his account and now when i go back to the bookmark, its a diferent account under a different name. Although I suspect the same person because this account is fishy too. 86% rating (thats very very bad)

terriermike

Reaction score
Guys---A 96.2% feedback and 72 feedbacks, makes me suspicious. With 72 sales, minimum he should have a 99.5% positive feedback. And that's being a bit generous.

Now for sure you can find deals on ebay. I just bought a blue ant Q1 for 48.00, buy it now. But my guy had a 99.5% feedback and 1200 feedbacks.

Something looks funny to me.

How could someone with 72 FB even HAVE 99.5%? If all 72 were positive, it'd be 100%, if one out of the 72 were negative, they'd have ~98.6%...please check your math. Also, eBay changed the way feedback is calculated in the past couple of years...instead of using your lifetime total feedback to determine the percentage, they now only use the feedback you have received in the past 12 months. Therefore, it is entirely possible for a seller that has a lot of negatives to have 100% positive feedback if they have cleaned up their act in the past year.

As for the $99 Droid, please guys stop flipping out. Most likely it was a stolen eBay account, simple as that. It's doubtful that the seller got away with any of the cash from the 500+ fake droid sales, because for one, PayPal takes several days to transfer to your bank account, and ANY red flag that went up would cause a freeze on all his funds... and the main reason would be because of the sudden increase in sales volume...which would likely cause PayPal to freeze the funds in the seller's account until positive feedback and/or delivery confirmation was achieved. It is NOT normal for a 72 feedback Ebay account to make $50K plus in sales in a matter of days, and this would get flagged before he got any cash.

I suppose he could've gotten away with something if some individuals were stupid enough to send him a money order or cash (which is forbidden by eBay now anyway), which may have been his overall goal.

And anyone who thought this had any chance of being real...that's not how free trade works and you should be very very careful in the future, because you're going to get scammed eventually since you lack a bit of common sense.

And finally, please don't treat buying on eBay as some sort of evil. eBay itself isn't evil (except for the ridiculously high fees they charge us sellers). It all depends on who you buy from, and you can usually tell a lot about the seller from their listing. You may get a seller like me who does his best to describe the item perfectly, offers a return policy if any problems pop up, is sure to get the item shipped out the very day you send a payment (even if it's the afternoon), and even offers his cell phone number in case you have any questions.........or your may get the exact opposite. But even if you do get screwed, eBay/PayPal is ultimately on the side of the buyer, which is evidenced by the fact that a seller can't even leave a buyer negative feedback at all, EVEN if the buyer wins an auction and never has any intention to pay for the item, thus causing the seller to actually lose $$ in time and listing fees.

In short, it's pretty hard to get scammed on eBay unless you are a "ruh-tard" (as Alan from The Hangover puts it), and you may very well be one if you couldn't see that this was obviously fake. USE your brain. Even Verizon themselves have no chance of getting these phones for anywhere near $99.

Last edited:

ice456789

Reaction score
His account has been deleted and is under investigation by paypal

So what happened to your money? Did paypal actually pay it out to him? I assume this means you aren't getting your phone either... :mad: I didn't think you would but I hoped for you.

kennyg23

Reaction score
Not sure what it means yet. I assume once they realize he doesn't have any phones, they will probably issue a refund. My credit cards hasn't been charged for it yet anyway for some reason.

FoFa

Reaction score
This listing (130356227932) has been removed, or this item is not available.