This looks suspicious to me, how about you?

iPirate

Reaction score
I'm curious if it has the new battery door or does it have the old one that will fall off?!

brendanstl

Reaction score
I'm curious if it has the new battery door or does it have the old one that will fall off?!

Who cares if the battery door will fall off? It's an easy fix to make it never fall off again.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gotta be a scam. Store ordered too many is stupid. He can say unlocked since they are naturally but still.... $99 is too cheap.

If it's real I'll order one for my wife.

brendanstl

Reaction score
I'm only counting about 150 or so sold, not 400. This guy is going to get himself in a heap load of **** if he's not able to back up what he's saying.

swallman

Reaction score
I reported the listing to Ebay as potentially fraudulent. Thinking I'll do the same with his Windows 7 listing too. I'm sure that listing is fraudulent as well.

kennyg23

Reaction score
I reported the listing to Ebay as potentially fraudulent. Thinking I'll do the same with his Windows 7 listing too. I'm sure that listing is fraudulent as well.
They do have feedback though, so who knows. BTW, is already sold out and was only listed for less than one day so who knows what is going to happen.

Olivia

Reaction score
Any updates on this guy? I don't want to buy, but I'm curious. I'm also a seller on ebay and I wonder how he gets by with this?

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Frankly, the extra $100 that I paid to Verizon to purchase my Droid from them directly is well worth it, because at least from the Verizon store I know I'm not getting scammed.

This guy could've stolen these phones, he could be working for an independent franchisee that will require you to sign a bunch of extra contracts before they ship the phone, he might have gotten his hands on a bunch of warranty-returns, there are any number of "gotchas" that might be involved.

We have no clue who or what this guy is... I'll pay the extra $100 from Verizon just for the peace-of-mind... (oh, and did you notice his complete lack of a return policy? No returns accepted at all. Yeah, I'll pay the extra $100 to Verizon for the right to return it if I'm unhappy.)

EDIT: I just noticed -- on the Features he has "Global Ready" and "Mobile TV capable." Uhh, no, the Droid cannot do these things... This idiot probably doesn't even have the phones... Really smells like a very bad scam to me...

Last edited:

swallman

Reaction score
Any updates on this guy? I don't want to buy, but I'm curious. I'm also a seller on ebay and I wonder how he gets by with this?

It appears that he sold out of them (sold 500 total). I reported the listing before it expired however. One of the members here purchased one, so I guess we'll have to see if he receives it or not. Ebay replied and indicated they would review the listing within the next 72 hours. However they also said that I wouldn't receive any kind of status update on the investigation.

J-Buck

Reaction score
wow... but wut if it is true an its not a scam

ice456789

Reaction score
Just ordered one with my credit card. If it is a scam atleast I won't have a problem getting a refund

I would be very interested in hearing how this ends up. Let us know when you get it and if you have any problems activating.