This is why we aren't getting our update

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
what does this have to do with us not getting 2.1?

Not much... some people just need to reach for things. The data connection issue could have been caused by any number of issues with any number of things (phone, network, drivers) other than the OS. Considering this is Google's first (admittedly failed) attempt at a phone and it's not known just how interactive/helpful HTC was in the design and testing (other than supplying the hardware) the issue has likely not caused by the 2.1 OS but something more device or carrier specific.

But it does serve as a demonstration as to WHY Moto and VZW are taking their time and testing the release before pushing it OTA.

ShowTime

Reaction score
I think the thought process is that since the Nexus One is having so many problems with 2.1, they are waiting to get them worked out before releasing it for the Droid. Whether this is really the case or not, who knows...

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My thought is that since the Nexus one is the "GooglePhone" the more bad press they get about it the worse Android looks so they are making it a priority until it doesnt suck.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you read around a little, it becomes quite apparent that this was a problem with Tmo's service and the N1. People who were on ATT Edge with the N1 were not affected. It has nothing to do with the OS.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
My thought is that since the Nexus one is the "GooglePhone" the more bad press they get about it the worse Android looks so they are making it a priority until it doesnt suck.

The bad press they are (rightfully) receiving from the Nexus launch is all the more reason they NEED 2.1 on the Droid and other devices... Damage control.. but it's a moot point, the 2.1 source was given to Moto and VZW weeks ago, once it's fully tested and an update model (in terms of what it includes and how it will be pushed) is accepted by both parties it will be released.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it guys but this is just another 2.1 speculation thread. We have too many of these. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets closed.

Guchi

Reaction score
i heard it was causing droids to explode!

Magdroid

Reaction score
After I rooted my Droid and put 2.1 on it..it stopped Vacuuming my carpet. Then the other day..I came home and it took over an hour to make me dinner!! I almost ashamed that I own the Droid, but am Glad that I don't have a Nexus 1! The Nexus 1 doesn't even starch my shirts before Ironing them! FAIL!