This is the reason Verizon Wireless skipped the SGSII

loki993

Reaction score
The other major difference is the form factor. If the leaked photos are accurate, the Nexus is one sexy curved phone. Again, it's a matter of personal choice, but damn I want that nexus!

Yeah we'll have to see. Personally they all seem so similar I'm waiting till they're all released and I'm picking the one I like best. I'm not sure how I feel about the curved phone thing honestly either. As far as I'm concerned it makes a thin phone seem thicker. Maybe if they explain why its curved when every other phone out there is flat then I could be convinced. If its just because it looks cool and has nothing to do with function then I'm not impressed.

Immolate

Reaction score
Yeah we'll have to see. Personally they all seem so similar I'm waiting till they're all released and I'm picking the one I like best. I'm not sure how I feel about the curved phone thing honestly either. As far as I'm concerned it makes a thin phone seem thicker. Maybe if they explain why its curved when every other phone out there is flat then I could be convinced. If its just because it looks cool and has nothing to do with function then I'm not impressed.

I'll bite... because they have invested the time and research dollars necessary to mass-produce a curved-glass phone and the other manufacturers have not invested the time and research dollars. I think it's good that phone manufacturers keep trying new things, don't you? It makes our Android environment very exciting with all of these choices. I think the phone looks great and I'll probably get one, but there have been any number of ground-breaking designs in the past couple of years that I've taken a pass on.

loki993

Reaction score
I'll bite... because they have invested the time and research dollars necessary to mass-produce a curved-glass phone and the other manufacturers have not invested the time and research dollars. I think it's good that phone manufacturers keep trying new things, don't you? It makes our Android environment very exciting with all of these choices. I think the phone looks great and I'll probably get one, but there have been any number of ground-breaking designs in the past couple of years that I've taken a pass on.

But why? I mean I guess you have to have them do something to earn they're paycheck, but really they cant spend their time on something better. Maybe no one else has done it because they realize that its a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. I don't see many good reason to have a curved phone, only mostly bad. If you set it down it will wobble. I already mentioned most likely doubling the cross section of the phone negating the fact that its thin. You think its hard putting a screen protector on a flat phone? If you put it on your hip which way do you face it? Curve out and the edges may catch stuff, in and it will push into your side or the back hits stuff, they'res that cross section thing again. What about cases? Think it'll be easy to make a case for a curved phone?

The one good thing? Yeah it looks good, but so what.

and yeah I'm plying devils advocate here a bit, so don't get all bunched up about it, but the points I made are valid still. Is it going to be that curved? Probably not, but still. I just don't see the point, like I said if they come out and say hey this makes talking on it easier or we improved the sound and call quality because the speakers are now pointed more towards you ill listen and understand. I do see I guess the screen wouldn't get all smudged up after talking on it.

Again devils advocate. Do I like the phone, of course I do. Is it on my list of phones that I may buy, yes it is. Do I understand why its curved? nope, maybe that one of the things they'll explain in the reveal