This is the main reason I'm hesitant of ICS hitting the RAZR

Kimo91

Reaction score
I can honestly wait very patiently for as close to a bug/hassle free Verizon/Motorola version of ICS. if I wanted tomorrows new Android OS today, I would've waited for the GNex. But as of now there's nothing ICS has/can do that I need right now.

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I can understand, both my previous phones were pretty solid but when my OG got Froyo and when my X2 got GB both got laggy after the updates.

From what I've read ICS on an existing phone will have to be a skin. Unless it's coded that much better we'll get lag and unstableness. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think ICS will play nicely with the Razr/Bionic simply because the hardware is basically the same as the Nexus' configuration, just slightly lower spec.

The Transformer Prime is a device based on a brand new quad-core nVidia chipset. There are likely driver quirks that need to be worked out, probably the nVidia graphics driver. I wouldn't worry so much about the Razr with its OMAP chipset.

Eclipse7

Reaction score
I guess my girlfriend is lucky. I updated her Prime to ICS and there is no problems. Not one reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

crashN2u

Reaction score
Don't need it. Don't want it.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I think ICS will play nicely with the Razr/Bionic simply because the hardware is basically the same as the Nexus' configuration, just slightly lower spec.

The Transformer Prime is a device based on a brand new quad-core nVidia chipset. There are likely driver quirks that need to be worked out, probably the nVidia graphics driver. I wouldn't worry so much about the Razr with its OMAP chipset.
This. ICS will probably work just fine on the RAZR. If theres issues blame moto because I have no problems with ICS on my Gnex.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
My Transformer Prime has been running ICS for a few weeks with no problems. I haven't even had to reboot. It could be an app that won't run on a tablet that is causing it to reboot.

Godric

Reaction score
I've had about three random reboots on my phone before I rooted it a few weeks ago. Along with one time the soft keys disappeared until I turned the screen off and on again, but that's about it. I honestly love my phone and never want to go back to gingerbread on my og again. Once you guys get ics im sure you will all be saying the same thing. Im also checking the system updates on my Asus Transformer all the time haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

eidian

Reaction score
My Xoom has been running great with ICS for over a week now. Can't wait for it to hit the Razr.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge...there has never been an update on Android phones to a new OS version that didnt cause some problems. I personally had no issues with Froyo on my Droid 1, Droid X1. And had no problems with GB on my Droid X1. GB made my DX1 a much better phone, so did Froyo for the Droid 1.

Yet there were threads about how it was disaster for each phone.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
To my knowledge...there has never been an update on Android phones to a new OS version that didnt cause some problems. I personally had no issues with Froyo on my Droid 1, Droid X1. And had no problems with GB on my Droid X1. GB made my DX1 a much better phone, so did Froyo for the Droid 1.

Yet there were threads about how it was disaster for each phone.

Froyo killed my Touchdown so bad that they had to make a new Touchdown app. It also killed other things as well. It was a tough transition. It caused me to root my phone for the first time and select a ROM that actually worked, lol. In the end it was better, but not for the first 2 or 3 months. It was pure heck at first.