This is kinda odd

Rumps

Reaction score
My wife and I own a Droid and we both had a similar issue today. And it's not like our phone came from the same batch as I purchased my Droid in November and she purchased hers in February.

Today, I literally watched my battery life suck down from full life to no life in a matter of a couple of hours. I was working today, so I did not have a chance to charge it until this afternoon. As I was driving home and had the phone plugged in, it would not turn on. I really don't know what was wrong. I thought maybe it was the power button because I pulled the battery and memory card several times while driving down the road and was still getting no response.

After thirty minutes I was finally able to turn my Droid on with low battery life. I get home and plug it into the wall and it is fully charged now. My wife comes home from the gym and tells me the same exact story about her phone. I was perplexed.

Any ideas how the same thing could happen to two different phones on the same day?

Retribution

Reaction score
Did you both recently dl the same app? I had a similar experience after dl an app that was poorly coded, my battery started taking a nose dive and it felt like my phone was trying to melt itself down, after uninstalling it battery lvled off and the phone cooled down

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My wife and I own a Droid and we both had a similar issue today. And it's not like our phone came from the same batch as I purchased my Droid in November and she purchased hers in February.

Today, I literally watched my battery life suck down from full life to no life in a matter of a couple of hours. I was working today, so I did not have a chance to charge it until this afternoon. As I was driving home and had the phone plugged in, it would not turn on. I really don't know what was wrong. I thought maybe it was the power button because I pulled the battery and memory card several times while driving down the road and was still getting no response.

After thirty minutes I was finally able to turn my Droid on with low battery life. I get home and plug it into the wall and it is fully charged now. My wife comes home from the gym and tells me the same exact story about her phone. I was perplexed.

Any ideas how the same thing could happen to two different phones on the same day?

what i put in bold doesnt make sense. anytime you have your droid plugged in it should always be on/turn back on. idk what would cause this but it shouldnt happen.

JCo352

Reaction score
I have had similar experiences, yesterday and today, although mine didn't die completely. My battery has seemed to go off the deep end. I deleted a few recent apps, hopefully that solves the problem.

Yodes

Reaction score

what i put in bold doesnt make sense. anytime you have your droid plugged in it should always be on/turn back on. idk what would cause this but it shouldnt happen.

That is definitely true. However, I have noticed that the Verizon car chargers are kinda crappy. They break easy, I'm already on my 4th one. When they break unless they are held in a certain position they don't charge the phone. That's the only way I could see it not charging while in the car plugged in.

Other than that, are you rooted at all running a ROM? Some ROMs tend to drain battery faster than others for no apparent reason. Other than that, or a possible app, I'm baffled.:icon_eek:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you checked any of the battery life threads that explain how to troubleshoot battery issues?

Basically, start with the battery info screen. Watch the notification bar. If GPS is in use (indicated by the GPS icon in the notification bar) when it shouldn't be then troubleshoot that problem as the GPS receiver will eat the battery very quickly. Were there any changes in coverage recently? Poor coverage will also tax your battery.