this is insane!!!

debrad0307

Reaction score
Anyone else getting battery usage like this? I cannot kill this battery!!

ForumRunner_20120811_235613.png

Sent from my awesome S3

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Though the device was in standby mode for the most part... that's pretty impressive. Just goes to show that the S4 is a very efficient processor...

But just like the maxx... there's people saying wow.. and there's others saying wth is wrong with my device :)

Is this the standard or an extended battery?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
^^ this^^
there's a guy on the S3 forums who's getting 30+ his on his S3, but most of his is in standby also. I average around 10 with heavy 4G usage, full brightness, etc. and that's pretty good imo.

tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
^^ this^^
there's a guy on the S3 forums who's getting 30+ his on his S3, but most of his is in standby also. I average around 10 with heavy 4G usage, full brightness, etc. and that's pretty good imo.

tap'n

Yeah the s4 is definitely the edge... if the device had a lighter UI (this is my opinion, not proven fact.. touch wiz is heavy, at least it seems like it to me) I bet it would do better yet.

Still impressive.

ambrown

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Yeah the s4 is definitely the edge... if the device had a lighter UI (this is my opinion, not proven fact.. touch wiz is heavy, at least it seems like it to me) I bet it would do better yet.

Still impressive.

I've wondered about that. I mean do the extra manufacturer skins sap battery life? That would be one reason to go stock Android. Hmm...Wish there were some data on that.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
Stand by or not... I've never gotten battery life like that on any phone. I'm still at 38%. Imo, you really can't beat that.

Sent from my awesome S3

liteon163

Reaction score
25 hours, 1.5 hours screen time, 50% battery left. Granted, that's light usage... But still. With my LG Spectrum, it would last no more than 16 hours. And that was with almost NO usage.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting my Verizon SIII rooted to the point I can swap kernels on CM10. Then the phone should last FOREVER! Well, you know what I mean...

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
I ended up going to sleep a little after 3a.m. and I still had 30% battery left. The phone ended up lasting me about 18 hours.

Sent from my awesome S3

kgula

Reaction score
I am getting an average of about 18 to 20 hours on my phone. I am extremely happy with having to recharge every other day.

Relex

Reaction score
I'm impressed by my phones battery life as well. I just went on a 15 hour trip to the outer banks. By the time I got there it was almost dead but I was doing some internet browsing, videos and a few hours of music.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
25 hours, 1.5 hours screen time, 50% battery left. Granted, that's light usage... But still. With my LG Spectrum, it would last no more than 16 hours. And that was with almost NO usage.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting my Verizon SIII rooted to the point I can swap kernels on CM10. Then the phone should last FOREVER! Well, you know what I mean...
what are you waiting for??? root that thing!

liteon163

Reaction score
After I'm done moving in a week or two I'll check into seeing what ROMs are available for my phone. I just don't want to mess up my new toy...

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Compared to every other smartphone I've had I love this battery.

Still room for improvement, but we're getting there.

woelda3000

Reaction score
I got this with the Cell extended battery moderate use . I am loving the phone

ForumRunner_20120812_223044.png