This is how you get 10 days battery life.

tahdor

Reaction score
Load FRF57 froyo. Install a low voltage kernel. Set it to 125 MHz - 600 Mhz OnDemand.

Now switch off data (Use any cut), switch off GPS, BT, WiFI (use stock power widget), set screen brightness to min (use stock power widget).

Keep your phone usage to minimum, say only a few minutes per day. Do not use data.

The battery can last up to 10 days. Mine lasted for 9 and half days with about 20 minutes of talking in total.

Now why would you do this ? May be just for kicks.

jlnguyen

Reaction score
that pretty much defeats the purpose of having a phone. lol.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moving to OT as that is where BS belongs....

Reaction score
Haha you can't be serious,who pays for a phone to not use it.vzw. would love to have more customers like you haha

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well this could be good to know if you're ever stuck in the middle of a wilderness and need your phone to last as long as possible. :icon_eek:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a [challenged] thread. Guess how you can save gas...don't drive your car. Guess how you save grocery money...don't eat any food!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mod edit: Changed a word.

Last edited by a moderator:

techguru

Reaction score
This is useful. Although I had to cancel, I was planning to go camping for the next four days. I wanted to be reachable in an emergency, but had no plans to even look at my phone otherwise. Certainly no ability to charge it.

Alan

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is useful. Although I had to cancel, I was planning to go camping for the next four days. I wanted to be reachable in an emergency, but had no plans to even look at my phone otherwise. Certainly no ability to charge it.

Alan

A problem would be the cell reception. A phone that's always searching will drain the battery pretty quickly.

J

Johnly

originally, the droid did....standby robinson....we are boarding...tesla

droijo

Reaction score
Why not just take it out, power off the phone. Whenever you want to make a call, put it back in and use it. Then take it off and power off the phone again? I'm sure it could last atleast a month.