this is gonna be a long wait

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by manilaboy1vic, Apr 22, 2010.

1. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

4/29 seems like a lifetime away...

i ordered up the incredible.. i have no keyboard usage logged on my droid.. i love android. the moto droid rocks, but im making the switch..

think im gonna sell my moto droid on ebay.. some are going for 300+
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Good luck. Hope it turns out to be as nice as it looks. :)
  3. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

from the vids ive watched, i think im gonna be happy.. if reviews mean anything.. it looks like a winner.. mabye ill hang onto the moto droid just in case.. i really love the moto droid... android is just blowing up right now..

future looks bright for android.
  4. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

The reviews I've read so far have all been VERY positive. More positive than I can recall for a single device in quite awhile. I'm thinking the Sense interface is exactly what I've been waiting for. Just the little finishing touch to formalize the system and tie it together.

God I can't wait.
  5. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i think i am going to get one too. i'm gonna pay full price for one and as long as i like it more than my droid i'll keep it and sell the droid. if not i'll simply return it and reactivate the droid.
  6. atthehop

atthehop New Member

I pre ordered two at 6 am on Monday and the waiting is killing me.
  7. vtvette

vtvette New Member

Man, I've been back and fourth between the Moto and HTC Droids. I'm new to Smartphones and my NE2 was up the end of March and I've been on this forum ever since researching these two phones to death.

I have no use for the physical keyboard but, the one thing I really like about the Droid is the desktop docking - small thing I know but I like the way it docks sideways, with time, temp, display dim, alarm clock etc. I'm concerned that the HTC will dock like the Nexus one - standing up which I do not like.

I'll probably order the HTC. I imagine at some point someone will make an app for the HTC so you can run the Droid docking setup.
  8. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

The desk clock for the HTC does flip to horizontal. Saw that on one of the video reviews.
  9. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

i do like the docking station on the droid too... perfect alarm clock spacesaver and replacement..

i think i should be content with this phone.. the upgrade in cpu, the internal memory storage... etc..... TV out!!!! will just make me take more vids.. im pretty excited about it..

i say i will be content, then something better will come out... oh well, thats how it goes.. if vzw gets the iphone, im pretty sure ill still be an android guy tho.. my gf has an iphone and the desktop is just a sloppy mess of apps.. seems chaotic.. im not impressed with it at all.

android for life. :p
  10. vtvette

vtvette New Member

Thanks man - I just read a review where they state the USB connector is on the side so, it docks like the Moto Droid!

I bet this will be the new standard for docking ala car docks/navigation.

I'm putting in my order for the Incredible today.
  11. jasonb

jasonb New Member

the problem is that HTC Sense does not have a landscape mode on the homescreens like the droid does. so yes the charging port is on the side, but the home screens will not rotate.
  12. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

non issue for me..... i dont use the droid now in the dock.. if something comes in, i just take it off.. but good to know for consumers considering the phone..
  13. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  14. dunamis

dunamis New Member

having used the moto droid for while now (rooted BB v0.8 w/chevy's 1 gHz) and now using the droid incredible for almost a day...I got to say, I really enjoy the Sense UI and just about everything about the phone is better. I rarely used the physical keyboard. For me the keyboard was actually uncomfortable and awkward to use (not balanced/centered).

The speed on this thing is truly crazy...no glitches yet (no work is being done LOL). there are some things that are of concern but truly what phone don't have that? Having used an Android phone (I've used every OS out there), for me it has to be best and now with Incredible I am truly happy kekeke....
  15. jasonb

jasonb New Member

nice! i want it!
  16. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

you just made the wait even longer and more agonizing ;)

glad to see your happy with it.. im sure ill love it..
  17. dunamis

dunamis New Member

yes...you do....and you will hopefully soon.

For me...the moto droid disappointed me obviously the physical keyboard...but mainly the size and weight. I think there is an optimal size for a PHONE. It's a phone that you put in your pocket most of the time and use probably like 50 times a day (just a guess...more like 100 for me right now) and it has to feel good in your hands and in your pocket. The moto droid with a case (Otterbox) and w/o case felt like a tank and really didn't feel comfortable or even luxurious (if that makes sense). But this droid incredible feels wonderful and convenient in the hands and pocket. Some reviews out there complain that the phone feels cheap (yes, some prefer 1st gen iPhone) but REALLY? do we the modern day smartphone users really abuse our phone where plastic covering will affect the integrity of the phone? if they abuse their phone that much....they shouldn't be using these type of phones....maybe they should stick with old moto razr or of those phones. Most of us are so anal we put screen protector, and then a case, and then if we could a full body armour like Invishield. We cry when we get a minor scratch here and there.....my point is that most people really do take care of their phones where plastic covering doesn't and won't really matter in their durability. THE OS and HARDWARE is more important in my opinion.

I'm almost 6ft and according to my wife have above normal hands...and this thing feels just right. I was trying to imagine how the Sprint HTC EVO 4G would feel....(size wise)...and can't really make an accurate determination since I don't have it physically, but my main turn off with that phone is Sprint and their coverage. Having a phone and not being able to use when in need is a major turnoff. I've had T-mobile, ATT, Sprint, and of course Verizon and there is a reason why Verizon is the best (not cheap but dependable).

anyway...just my ignorant opinions.....wow...this is the longest post of my life....LOL
  18. dunamis

dunamis New Member

you guys are funny....making me feel bad. But seriously, I don't know how I got mine early. Only thing I can see is that I called instead on doing it online, but they had to get a managers approval since my NE2 official date was the 30th which they did.

Another thing I personally like is that on the HTC mail app over gmail app is that I can copy/paste on emails.....I didn't know if it synced w/gmail (like the read messages) but it does.
  19. vtvette

vtvette New Member

I'm under the impression that you can turn off Sense and use regular Android on the phone? I've heard this referred to in several other posts.

If I could do that I wonder if the DockRunner app would then work on the Incredible?

Dock Runner – Dock the Droid for free

Either way I just placed my order on Verizon for the Incredible so I'm committed now!
  20. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

the Incredible army is increasing.... what sold me was the video in the "TV OUT" thread.. i saw that and immediately ordered the phone.. i dont mind the weight on the droid, but it is a little much in my pocket, specially when im on my motorcycle..

is it the 29th yet.. ;)