this is gonna be a long wait

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
4/29 seems like a lifetime away...

i ordered up the incredible.. i have no keyboard usage logged on my droid.. i love android. the moto droid rocks, but im making the switch..

think im gonna sell my moto droid on ebay.. some are going for 300+

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
4/29 seems like a lifetime away...

i ordered up the incredible.. i have no keyboard usage logged on my droid.. i love android. the moto droid rocks, but im making the switch..

think im gonna sell my moto droid on ebay.. some are going for 300+

Good luck. Hope it turns out to be as nice as it looks. :)

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
from the vids ive watched, i think im gonna be happy.. if reviews mean anything.. it looks like a winner.. mabye ill hang onto the moto droid just in case.. i really love the moto droid... android is just blowing up right now..

future looks bright for android.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The reviews I've read so far have all been VERY positive. More positive than I can recall for a single device in quite awhile. I'm thinking the Sense interface is exactly what I've been waiting for. Just the little finishing touch to formalize the system and tie it together.

God I can't wait.

jasonb

Reaction score
i think i am going to get one too. i'm gonna pay full price for one and as long as i like it more than my droid i'll keep it and sell the droid. if not i'll simply return it and reactivate the droid.

vtvette

Reaction score
Man, I've been back and fourth between the Moto and HTC Droids. I'm new to Smartphones and my NE2 was up the end of March and I've been on this forum ever since researching these two phones to death.

I have no use for the physical keyboard but, the one thing I really like about the Droid is the desktop docking - small thing I know but I like the way it docks sideways, with time, temp, display dim, alarm clock etc. I'm concerned that the HTC will dock like the Nexus one - standing up which I do not like.

I'll probably order the HTC. I imagine at some point someone will make an app for the HTC so you can run the Droid docking setup.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Man, I've been back and fourth between the Moto and HTC Droids. I'm new to Smartphones and my NE2 was up the end of March and I've been on this forum ever since researching these two phones to death.

I have no use for the physical keyboard but, the one thing I really like about the Droid is the desktop docking - small thing I know but I like the way it docks sideways, with time, temp, display dim, alarm clock etc. I'm concerned that the HTC will dock like the Nexus one - standing up which I do not like.

I'll probably order the HTC. I imagine at some point someone will make an app for the HTC so you can run the Droid docking setup.

The desk clock for the HTC does flip to horizontal. Saw that on one of the video reviews.

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i do like the docking station on the droid too... perfect alarm clock spacesaver and replacement..

i think i should be content with this phone.. the upgrade in cpu, the internal memory storage... etc..... TV out!!!! will just make me take more vids.. im pretty excited about it..

i say i will be content, then something better will come out... oh well, thats how it goes.. if vzw gets the iphone, im pretty sure ill still be an android guy tho.. my gf has an iphone and the desktop is just a sloppy mess of apps.. seems chaotic.. im not impressed with it at all.

android for life. :p

vtvette

Reaction score

The desk clock for the HTC does flip to horizontal. Saw that on one of the video reviews.

Thanks man - I just read a review where they state the USB connector is on the side so, it docks like the Moto Droid!

I bet this will be the new standard for docking ala car docks/navigation.

I'm putting in my order for the Incredible today.

jasonb

Reaction score
the problem is that HTC Sense does not have a landscape mode on the homescreens like the droid does. so yes the charging port is on the side, but the home screens will not rotate.

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
the problem is that HTC Sense does not have a landscape mode on the homescreens like the droid does. so yes the charging port is on the side, but the home screens will not rotate.

non issue for me..... i dont use the droid now in the dock.. if something comes in, i just take it off.. but good to know for consumers considering the phone..

dunamis

Reaction score
having used the moto droid for while now (rooted BB v0.8 w/chevy's 1 gHz) and now using the droid incredible for almost a day...I got to say, I really enjoy the Sense UI and just about everything about the phone is better. I rarely used the physical keyboard. For me the keyboard was actually uncomfortable and awkward to use (not balanced/centered).

The speed on this thing is truly crazy...no glitches yet (no work is being done LOL). there are some things that are of concern but truly what phone don't have that? Having used an Android phone (I've used every OS out there), for me it has to be best and now with Incredible I am truly happy kekeke....

jasonb

Reaction score
having used the moto droid for while now (rooted BB v0.8 w/chevy's 1 gHz) and now using the droid incredible for almost a day...I got to say, I really enjoy the Sense UI and just about everything about the phone is better. I rarely used the physical keyboard. For me the keyboard was actually uncomfortable and awkward to use (not balanced/centered).

The speed on this thing is truly crazy...no glitches yet (no work is being done LOL). there are some things that are of concern but truly what phone don't have that? Having used an Android phone (I've used every OS out there), for me it has to be best and now with Incredible I am truly happy kekeke....

nice! i want it!