This is going to be my first 4G phone

yomomma7826

Reaction score
Am I going to need to buy anything extra? (sim? etc.) And will my unlimited 3G be grandfathered when I go up to 4g?

On a galaxy note: I cannot wait for this phone to be released. I would kill to get my hands on it now. I have been saving up my little bit of money ever since ICS was announced.

Hsunami

Reaction score
yes as long as you have a smartphone and do not change your data plan then you will continue to have your unlimited data, and if your on verizon you won't need to buy a sim, since verizon does not use sim cards. Which is really nice.

OP
Y

yomomma7826

Reaction score
4g lte DOES use a Sim. I think they're about $10 if you get one from vz but a lot of times, 3rd party Sellers (ie Costco will give one for free with activation as a promotion.)
I was planning on getting my GN from the VZW store itself. So I need a few extra bucks for a sim. Do I still get to keep my unlimited? Since I am "changing my plan" from 3G to 4G?

OP
Y

yomomma7826

Reaction score
Yes, you're grandfathered in! So unlimited for 30 dollars a month! :) dancedroid
Oh thank the lord!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: I need to get rid of this DX and move on. I've never felt so locked out from my phone. Even the old Razr had seem edits that did more than this DX.

creaky

Reaction score
Oh thank the lord!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: I need to get rid of this DX and move on. I've never felt so locked out from my phone. Even the old Razr had seem edits that did more than this DX.

I'm not quite sure what you mean but the dx has had so much development work done on it that you can have all.kinds of cool, customizable experiences - cm7, liquid, etc.

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
The sim comes with the phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
yeah, sim comes with the phone, and also, they should not charge you to change it. i have had to replace my sim 2 times at an official verizon store and was never charged.

prowler85

Reaction score
And just to clarify, data is data, whether 3g or 4g. So you are not "changing" your data plan by going to a 4g phone.

And if you live in a good 4g area, it rocks! I don't even connect to my home wifi any more since my 4g is faster than my wifi. It does eat the battery though, so hopefully if you use it a lot you will be near a charger every 6-8 hours. Hopefully the GN improves on this, but I'd be surprised, with even moderate use, if it lasts a full 14-16 hours to make it to bedtime.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Gonna be my first 4g phone as well. I'm sure they'll throw in the SIM card for free, it's just $10, not much for them to lose.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Gonna be my first 4g phone as well. I'm sure they'll throw in the SIM card for free, it's just $10, not much for them to lose.

The 4g lte sim card is part of the package. When you buy the phone they have to give you the sim card just like att/tmobile do. Even if you switch back to a 3g phone and then back to a 4g phone, they wont charge you to get a new sim card. So you'll be fine you wont have to ask them about it, that's the only way the phone will work properly.