This is crazy...

Reaction score
Having major heat issues over here... Last battery heated up to a crazy 52.3 degrees Celsius at 4.213 mV!

I had the battery replaced and its still going crazy! Take a look...

BTW, the picture is only halfway telling the truth as the new battery has had a top mV rating of 4.132...

According to HTC, the battery shouldn't exceed 3.85 mV and 47 degrees Celsius (I talked to an HTC Rep and a Verizon Technician)...

My Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted

cp24eva

Reaction score
I've only had my rezound reach 51 percent once. Reason was because I left my camera on and it was burning up inside my pocket when the screen didn't sleep. So do you have spare batteries to test?

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Btw, both of these temps are after using the phone for less then 20 minutes coming straight from a charger and not being used at all...

It was on the charger for near 2 hours too! Have you noticed the battery level?

Needless to say, I sent for a replacement via Amazon next day delivery... Crazy...

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
I've only had my rezound reach 51 percent once. Reason was because I left my camera on and it was burning up inside my pocket when the screen didn't sleep. So do you have spare batteries to test?

This is my second replacement battery... Same problem... This thing has some sort of problem...

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
It's at 51.6 degrees now... And draining like CRAZY! I'm going to shut it down for 10-15 minutes... It's starting to scare... Be back in a bit...

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and the screen brightness is set to 20 percent at the moment...

cp24eva

Reaction score
sounds like a phone issue lol. Oh, and I didnt mean to put PERCENT. lol. I meant degrees. Get a new phone from them man!

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
WTF? Fresh off the charger minutes ago after nearly two hours of powered down charging!

Really?!?! Glad I got a new one coming tomorrow...

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
So get this....It's the case!!! Atleast that's what it seems... Picked up a red case from Verizon specific to my phone... Took it off earlier when I charged it while powered down and didn't notice an immediate difference.

Took it off now, while still turned on then BAM, this thing dropped nearly 10 degrees! And still dropping further!

Gonna take advantage of the new unused phone anyway...

Blahahahaha!!!

Just sucks because I really don't care to carry my phone around without a case...

mikeinctown

Reaction score
It shouldn't get that hot even with a case. I have a case and with use and charging it doesn't go above like 112... And that's with the screen on. HTC knows pellets put phones in cases. If its getting too hot, the phone or battery needs help

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Well, a replacement is on the way. I agree, btw. My TBolt NEVER gave me any issue while in a case, whatsoever... The battery has been replaced twice now so the only thing left really is the phone itself.

UPDATE: With the case removed, I've yet to see temps above 40 degrees...

I'm still going with the new phone just in case the heat has caused a silicone or other hardware issue that will pop up later...

Volkaru

Reaction score
It's the phone, I had one that not only got stuck in an infinite boot loop, but also had insane heat problems, too...It wouldn't charge properly, I thought it was my battery causing it, but I got my third rezound a few days ago, and this one hasn't been giving me any heat issues at all outside of the norm.