This is a hefty phone...

lauriep

Reaction score
I got to hold one today!!! A dummy, it's true, but still, I now know what I'll be holding on Friday/Saturday. And folks, it is heavy. In comparison to what cell phones usually weigh. As soon as I picked it up, I thought "Those guys who want to carry it in a pocket, esp. shirt pocket, may want to rethink!" It IS mostly metal and there is nothing light or cheap about it. While I will carry mine with pride, if ever there was a "man's" feel in a phone, this is it!

Oh, yeah, and this was at BB - after I visited 2 Verizon stores who both said "OH NO! We can't let you hold one and we don't have any dummies."

Leckert123

Reaction score
I picked one up as well at my local Verizon store. It weighs the same as the Treo 650 that I had prior to my iPhone and have always carried these in my pocket. I honestly the prefer the very solid, heavy feel to it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I agree Laurie...the phone has weight to it in a good way. A real good way. Build quality is EXCELLENT.

It's quite slim too but not so much that it's hard to hold. The balance when the keyboard is out is excellent as well.

I can see getting used to the keyboard in a couple hours.

The name fits it perfectly...

Awesome phone. People will not be disappointed.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jin also had a working device in his hands today. he said it wasn't bad at all. I am looking forwrd to a better built device myself. after this POS Storm it can't get much worse

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm excited about this phone being heavy and made of metal. It's a nice change of pace compared to how most phones are made these days.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I got to hold one today!!! A dummy, it's true, but still, I now know what I'll be holding on Friday/Saturday. And folks, it is heavy. In comparison to what cell phones usually weigh. As soon as I picked it up, I thought "Those guys who want to carry it in a pocket, esp. shirt pocket, may want to rethink!" It IS mostly metal and there is nothing light or cheap about it. While I will carry mine with pride, if ever there was a "man's" feel in a phone, this is it!

Oh, yeah, and this was at BB - after I visited 2 Verizon stores who both said "OH NO! We can't let you hold one and we don't have any dummies."

It is only slightly heavier than my storm, so I'm not scurred.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love heavier phones. I don't of course want it to be 5lbs but to have it not flop out of my pocket, or to make sure i still have it. (I freak when i can't find my phone) Since I was already about to get the Storm 2, this isn't an issue for me.

Leckert123

Reaction score
Agreed!

I want it heavy enough and solid enough so that when I drop it, the phone puts a dent in the thing it hits!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Agreed!

I want it heavy enough and solid enough so that when I drop it, the phone puts a dent in the thing it hits!
I want to have to wear a hard hat and goggles when using it.....

I want warning stickers on it as well

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it does have a nice feel to it. the dummy one is actually a bit lighter than the real deal, but similar. that alone impressed me. it just felt so... solid.

smith9751

Reaction score
I got to play with one at my verizon store and it is amazing.