this is a bunch of crap

markmicallef

Reaction score
http://philosophistry.com/archives/2009/12/20-things-i-dont-like-about-the-droid.html

What do you think?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Total crap.....Fanboi review....nuff said.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Listen to some of the complaints
"Uninstalling is too hard."
"The iPhone has 1 button, this has 4."
"I felt excitement over the iPhone launch because my friends discussed apps."
"The warnings it gives me before installing an app make me think twice."

We shouldn't even respond to this thread anymore because we are likely giving the author of that article extra traffic to his website.

Lame

pmc2025

Reaction score
Probably some sycophantic little hipster who adoooores the iPhone and all things Apple. The simplicity of the iPhone is its biggest failing for us. What you describe as "too hard" is really just a side effect of greater choice and freedom in customizing and altering every aspect of the phone, even down to the base code. Viva la Evolucion!

Laurence5905

Reaction score
"12. Call quality doesn't seem as good as on the iPhone-AT&T."

WHAT?! Are you HIGH?! You're the ONLY PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD who has said this. EVERY other person -- even the most RABID Apple fanboi (I'm specifically thinking of Brian Tong on CNet.com) has said the Droid's call quality BLOWS AWAY the iPhone-AT&T.

And his #16 complaint (the one about the battery cover) -- maybe he should try, I don't know, READING A DROID FORUM once in a while? This is a known issue with the early Droids, and Motorola will fix it FOR FREE!

The only complaint of his that I find even remotely legitimate is the #5 complaint (back-button is ambiguous.) This is true, because some apps actually seem to use the back button as an exit button. But that's really a fault of the app developers, not the Droid in and of itself. Within the Droid's pre-installed apps the back-button is fairly standard.

Oh, and of course his #14 complaint (not being able to talk and use 3G Internet at the same time) is legit, too. But that's Verizon's network, not the Droid specifically...

Heck, just about all his complaints could be addressed by coming to this forum and spending a little time reading... He really should try that some time...

EDIT: And the one thing it seems he missed is the lack of Bluetooth-activated voice-dialing. That's honestly my ONLY major gripe with the Droid, and it didn't even get a mention by him... Crazy...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry but i'm over those articles or blogs. Sometimes I think those people never even used the device.

imiller913

Reaction score
12. Call quality
REALLY the iphone is still on AT&T right?!!! The whole thing is a joke

Milehighjc

Reaction score
http://philosophistry.com/archives/2009/12/20-things-i-dont-like-about-the-droid.html

What do you think?

I think that I dont care what he thinks :)

In my case, had the iPhone been available on a decent network, I probably would have one right now, and would have missed out on the Droid. As it turns out, I'm convinced the Droid is a phenomenal device, and and for that matter so is the iPhone. I dont have to slam the iPhone to enjoy my Droid, and I couldnt care less what the iPhone fans think of the Droid. Having both in the market will make both devices better in the long term.

... my $.02

jc

Nonie3234

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I kinda agree with this one:

Not all apps are required to have screenshots. As a result, only about a third of the apps I check out have a screenshot. I'm really taking a leap-of-faith getting an app without even seeing how it looks like.

It's the one thing I miss from the BB Store.

JayC707

Reaction score
#12 made it quite clear he was only out to bash it, this wasn't an honest review.

boatman2220

Reaction score
I've read several reviews where it was plain that the reviewer wasn't unbiased. Most were done within a day or two of it coming out and you could tell that they didn't really know about it at all. I'd like them to spent a couple of days here while using the phone and give a review then.