This has to be some form of torture..

malstorme

Reaction score
Just got word that my droid has been delivered to my home address(kicking myself for not having it sent to work). And I am stuck here for 4 more hours, with 2 on top of that till I am home. So MAYBE by 7 I'll get to check it out.

Would leave early, but my GF and I carpool and I don't think she would appreciate me leaving her here too much....

Good news Droid is here! :icon_ banana:

Bad news, is I need to wait several hours :mad:

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
so u should drop $20 on a friend/brother/neighbor/guy walking past ur house to bring it to you!

huskur

Reaction score
Just got word that my droid has been delivered to my home address(kicking myself for not having it sent to work). And I am stuck here for 4 more hours, with 2 on top of that till I am home. So MAYBE by 7 I'll get to check it out.

Would leave early, but my GF and I carpool and I don't think she would appreciate me leaving her here too much....

Good news Droid is here! :icon_ banana:

Bad news, is I need to wait several hours :mad:

Rule of thumb. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have it sent to where you work!! Guarenteed delivery and usally more prompt than home deliveries.

OP
M

malstorme

Reaction score
Ah well, good news is I finally got the case I wanted, found it on accessorygeeks for 18.99 (the standard verizon case/clip). So ordered that.

Can't wait to get some apps on the droid, next step is I need to swap the phone number on my current verizon phone to the droid and the droid to the other phone. Long story short, I was several months from upgrading so I decided my son needed a phone :) so he gets my old phone and I get the droid.

Got to love loopholes, even if they cost :)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's funny. I did the same thing: 2 of my kids were due so I got the Droid and a free Eris. Needless to say, 1 of my kids did not get a new phone.
:)

that makes me giggle

Reaction score
They actually left it at your house. Used to verizon required a signature so fed-ex would just leave you a note on the door saying you can pick it up yourself. I have stuff sent to my office now.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I think I would be using my lunch time to run home and get that bad boy. I am surprised that they delivered it without a signature. All my phones (including the two Droids in my family) came signature required.

pyro6128

Reaction score
But imagine how happy you'll be when you finally get home!

OP
M

malstorme

Reaction score
I left a note on my door for FedEx to leave it :)

I work 25 miles north of where I live, so running home isn't feasible, and as I said, not coming back would = negative GF points which = less droid time :) not a good start to the droid addiction!

OP
M

malstorme

Reaction score
Yeah my son was super excited to get his first cell phone, till he put 2 and 2 together and realized I used him as my way to get my droid :)

He learned a lesson in collateral damage ;)