This Gadget Girl finally went Droid (Incredible!)

Danariel

Reaction score
Hey, all. Been lurking and desultorily posting here for almost 3 weeks. ordered my Incredible from Amazon on June 28th, received it on July 7th, and I've been happily modifying it ever since.

Haven't rooted it yet, but I do believe I've done about everything I want to do that doesn't require root access. I've got LauncherPro Beta running on it, too.

I've always been a gadget freak, and was trying to hold out on a smart phone until Apple decided to play nice with Verizon...but you know what? They piddled around so long that Android lured me away, and made me a convert.

I have a latest gen iPod Touch 64 gb, and loved it (honestly, iPod is STILL the best music player...) and all it could do, but I wanted a device that could take the place of my Phone, GPS, Music Player, and (only in a pinch) my Kindle. Yes, the iPhone could have done it, but I'm sick of their proprietary bull****. There is absolutely NO REASON they couldn't allow for SD card expansion...there's no EXCUSE for a $100 premium just to get 16 gb more memory when I can get a 32 gb microSDHC card for $40 on eBay.

No REASON, no EXCUSE, that is, but Apple and Jobs trying to keep iPod/iPad/iPhone a closed system, and completely under their thumbs. They have control over the system, and right of refusal over the apps. They censor everything.

Droid, on the other hand, is about freedom from Tyranny! Open Source, open hardware, open software. It's not 1 phone to rule them all, it's 50...or 100! It's not "Take what we give you, and LIKE it!" Droid says "Use what we give you, modify it, and make it YOUR OWN!" to OEMs, developers, and end users alike, so that each handset, no matter that it came off the assembly line exactly like all the others of it's make, is intensely personal to it's owner.

Damn, I like that.

[/preaching to the choir]

OP
D

Danariel

Reaction score
Thanks, I already know we Droidians are a passionate lot, and I can see why! There's a lot to be passionate about!

Dang, looks like you joined after me, but look at your post count! 83 already! You're very active on the boards, huh?

Serialkilla

Reaction score
Welcome! You made the right decision with Android. Glad to have you aboard!

ChugIt

Reaction score
Dang, looks like you joined after me, but look at your post count! 83 already! You're very active on the boards, huh?

A dude ran a stop sign (texting and driving) and I have a titanium rod for a left femur, heat damage to my eyes and several other injuries. I'm on disability and don't have much else to do. What better than to be on here as much as possible? :popcorn:

I'm not trolling for sympathy, I'm just glad to be alive. I love it here and it gives me something cool to do.

OP
D

Danariel

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about the wreck (wasn't exactly an accident, was it?) but glad you've got a place to hang out that feels like home!

And thanks for the welcome, SerialKilla! I definately feel like a new convert, ready to proselytize to the masses!