This forum...

Hodor

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that since the Kit Kat upgrade this forums icons or "buttons" at the bottom of the screen are partially cut off, or is it something I am doing wrong?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Can you post a screenshot?

Are you using a different launcher?

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The same thing happens on my phone using the Droid Forum app. The menu buttons at the bottom are chopped in half. I subscribe to an auto forum with an app exactly like DF and it looks the same since KK. I think it'd part of that "optimized screen for better full screen reading" that was introduced. Just my guess. Everything is fine with Tapatalk.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here is a screenshot from my phone...probably looks the same as the OP.
8e2u3ura.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Don't know if y'all saw this concerning the Droid Forums apps: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2530695

Tapped from a Moto X
Yes, I switched to Tapatalk that day. But this issue was present the day I installed KK back in May. I have the exact same issue on another forum that has the same design as the DF app used to. Hopefully the new DF app will not have the issue. Doesn't help my Jeep app though... Hard to see the buttons. I let Moto know about the issue the first weekend with KK and have not heard anything. I guess we live with it with some Forum apps. At least Tapatalk works fine with this forum. Thanks CJM.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone else noticed that since the Kit Kat upgrade this forums icons or "buttons" at the bottom of the screen are partially cut off, or is it something I am doing wrong?
The good news is Tapatalk is free and works good with this forum. And...just read the post that the forum is getting a makeover tomorrow. Maybe there will be a new, redesigned app to go with the new website and we will not have chopped off buttons. For other forms that have a similar design...I think we are stuck with the chopped off buttons with the new KK screen. A FDR didn't fix it for me...so must be a KK issue.