This --><-- close to rooting

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I purchased my phone December 26. After much deliberation and hours of reading, I rooted on February 14. I was nervous and apprehensive but thanks to Matt guide and his assistance, I made the switch to "Rooted" without a problem. Last Sunday, I moved form BB7.5, a 2.0.1 rom to BB v0.4 which is a 2.1. It really was not difficult. Prior to the wipe and install I read the Nandroid instructions several times. Now that Matt has rewritten his process you can do anything with these phones.
Mike

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just for the record, titanium does not install busybox. I thought it did then was given the error that it did not have busybox and must restart. I added busybox through roothelper.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Trust me once you're done you are going to wonder why you waited. You know the whole list of reasons why a rooted droid blows stock AND the any-day-now 2.1 update out of the water, so I won't go into that.

I will repeat what everyone else says which is follow Matth3ws's guide and you will find it's pretty easy. I've really never heard of anybody bricking and most problems are all taken care of with a nandroid restore (if you don't know what that is yet you will).

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!!

I'm in the middle of rooting and when I type:

/system/bin/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3.img

it returns:

/system/bin/flash_image: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I've tried 3 times thinking a typo, but I don't think so.

PLEASE HELP

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!!

I'm in the middle of rooting and when I type:

/system/bin/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3.img

it returns:

/system/bin/flash_image: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I've tried 3 times thinking a typo, but I don't think so.

PLEASE HELP

I do not see a typo in what you typed here. Did you enter any " ? Did you download and install the SPRecovery on the SD card without any file extension?

Mike

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Thanks Matt and all for the help. My original DL of sprecovery was hosed. ReDL and all is well. I'm out of the jacuzzi and overclocked and smoked.

Thanks again.