This cant be maxx battery

DetCochran

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Since we went to 4G, our battery drains VERY fast. Its under 50% at lunch even if I am not using it for much We have a poor 4G & 3G network here. I use my phone more than my husband, he hardly uses his phone for much, and his is almost dead by the end of the day, if it makes it that long.

I am tryign out different smart actions, but dont know what else to do... the reason i upgraded to a Maxx was for the battery. It did good until 4G go here...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF detcochran. For help with your battery drain, set a smart action to disable cellular data when the screen is off. Especially that you are in a weak 4g/3g area, it will drain your battery very fast. The smart action, battery extender, is already set up to disable cellular data Wi-Fi GPS, etc when screen is off, no movement and not charging. Your data will turn back on when you go to use your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

DetCochran

Reaction score
Thanks TisMyDroid. I am trying that now, and will see how that works. I did not have the problems with the battery draining so fast until they started 4G here in my area, this past month. I hope that works. The reason I choose the Maxx was for the battery life. Its the first time I got a new phone that was a brand new model. Have a great Labor day weekend!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Keep us posted detcochran. If that doesn't help or doesn't do as well as you would like there are other things we can try. You too... have a great labor day weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

DetCochran

Reaction score
still no battery life

I have tried your advise, and its not helping at all. My husband noticed the problem when we did the last update, it just happens to be about the same time we got 4G in our area. I assumed it was the low signal where we live.

BUT, I was out on a late call yesterday evening and my phone died. I had hardly used the phone at all during the day and even tried to charge it some on my computer after lunch. If I dont do that, it will be almost dead by the time I get off at 5.

Another officer heard me griping about my phone being dead and found out he has the same phone. He said that his Maxx batter would not hold a charge all day either since the update. We are officers and depend on our phones at work. He works longer shifts than I do and bought the Maxx for the battery life as I did. He said when he called to complain he was told that there was a glitch in the software and he was hoping the next update would correct that... but when is it going to be available?

This is so frusterating. And to make it worse, my husband's screen is blinking and seems to be going out. He is tempted to getting another phone than messing with insurance for another Maxx