This boys whine (froyo RC)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Airbot, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Airbot

Airbot New Member

A couple things not working right for me with v0.1 froyo RC.

I see posts here and there about similar problems, just thought I'd make my own so it didn't disrupt the flow.

1. Wifi isn't working right, or really at all.

Just has a dead indicator in the notification bar, and wifi analyzer just shows the signal spiking up,then down every second.

Worked pretty well in 1.1, even with the newest baseband installed on 1.1.

2. p3droids 1000mhz (250) 2.2 *wifi fix* installed. Not OC'ing to right frequency, or not displaying right freq.

Wiped cache and data two times manually from 1.1, and installed Petes froyo v0.1. Then installed p3droids 1000mhz (250) 2.2 *wifi fixed* for the first time.

cpuinfo shows as 600mhz max freq. So realize p3droid said he named uploaded kernels wrong and to download again. So downloaded 1000mhz again, now cpuinfo shows max as 800mhz.

Don't want to use it, but installed and used setCPU to set at 1000mhz. Not sure on what's going on there.

3. Don't see any setting for Notifications, or at least have a sound made when the sd card mounts and unmounts.

Not sure if they took the option out of froyo on purpose, or if it's just missing? I can't seem to find anywhere I can have the sound for the sd card mount, as in powering off and on.

I realize it's an RC, Pete worked hard on it, and does awesome stuff. And I realize it takes a little while and maybe even some reboots here and there to start getting smooth and fast.

But I seem to get the overall experience that it's kind of sluggish still, even at the point I am on it at this time, and I can't seem to get the wifi to work really at all. I rely on it quite a bit, as the room I'm in doesn't get very good OTA signals.

I suppose I'll fiddle a little longer, and try to find the right solutions, but I'll probably have to go back to 1.1 for now.

Again, sorry for the whine, don't mean to be negative or anything. Thanks for reading. :)
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

The notifications, I dont have BB installed anymore, and the ROM on my phone, I see notifications settings in Sounds. So its not taken out of regular Froyo.

Im running a plain version of Froyo, nothing special done to it.
  3. Airbot

Airbot New Member

I should have just said SD Card Notification. The sd card notifications-play a sound for sd card notifications, that was listed under Sound and Display in 2.1
    The options not there anymore, and I can't figure out if there is even one anymore for it.

Also had repeated force close crashes with opening the camera in the app tray, from the side button, or through the gallery.

fixperm was able to resolve that. Not even sure why it was doing it. Was having some major issues with connectivity, both wifi and regular. *shrug*

I see the reason now for the OC'ing max freq. See a lot of - use setcpu, or the right command.
    Only I can't seem to find anyone mention what the exact command is anywhere?
  4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

U dont have these options in settings: Sounds and Display? Sounds is over top of Display. Its seperated in Froyo. Notifications in the Sound section. Maybe yours is set to silent.

Never mind, I see now...lol It doesnt make the sound anymore when mounting ans unmounting to the PC. Thats wild, cuz it does at start up to check sd card for errors.....and shutting down.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  5. bmxmike

bmxmike New Member

I had the same problem with the frequency on the kernal I had the 1.25 and had installed set CPU then the kernal and couldn't get it yo display right. I just uninstalled set CPU and reinstalled and it fixed it. I had opened it prior to installing kernal and didn't ask to auto detect so might be your problem to just suggestion
  6. Airbot

Airbot New Member

Yeah. The actual setting for the sound with the sdcard, it's missing. Mine has none, not with shutting down, and turning back on because there is no setting for it like it has in 2.1.

I see now it isn't really a problem, but the nature of this builds development so far I guess. It's mentioned in the first post of the main Froyo thread now. But I see people were saying use setcpu, *or* the right command. But no mention of what the command is.
  7. bmxmike

bmxmike New Member

By right command I'm guessing you mean the CPU script which I have no experience with as I always use set CPU or I'm just totally misunderstanding your question of the command your trying to run