This board is dead.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Hold on... now we are going to compare this to PCs?

Ok, so can I pay to get Kit Kat? Thats what I thought, dont ever compare the 2 ever again, such irrelevant dribble, at least with a PC you are given the option, on this phone they gave up, big difference guy.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Jimmy_zps1a3eb75d.jpg

This is awesome! Its how I feel sometimes. Like yesterday, I get out of my car, after shutting it off, phone in pocket, start to walk towards the house and all of a sudden, my friggin phone starts playing the last song I was listening to in the car! The bluetooth just shut off and audio went to the phone!!!! LOL, I swear, this thing will be the death of me.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
this phone has gotten at least 3 updates (possibly more) that im positive about.
try again to come up with some more excuses why the bad device you have still isn't your fault.
you posted the other day that you didn't want to root and void your warranty, yet previously you posted your warranty is past.
please try and keep your lies straight.

every post you make just degrades your integrity, and in turn, the integrity of this board.

LOL, so now this phone has gotten more than 3 updates, you then compare it to Windows. Well, lets see, Windows Vista had a ton of FREE updates.

You know what we mean. Kit Kat a fresh UI and makes the phone run smoother.

This phone sucks now, its pretty much NO longer supported. Might as well have Froyo.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
LOL, so now this phone has gotten more than 3 updates, you then compare it to Windows. Well, lets see, Windows Vista had a ton of FREE updates.

You know what we mean. Kit Kat a fresh UI and makes the phone run smoother.

This phone sucks now, its pretty much NO longer supported. Might as well have Froyo.

i hope you do get KK, then you will see how little it helps the problems you have..... and you will have something new to whine about.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
im going to tend to disagree with you then considering you expect 2 full os updates.
i think any full upgrades you get, you should consider yourself lucky.
take your pc for instance, it came with windows 7. they aren't going to upgrade you to windows 8 for free.
i think that i/we should be grateful to get any full updates, unless, one is eminent around the time the device released, only then we should feel entitled to get it.

At the very least one update. Very least. I will not support a company that cannot at least give me one OS update. It is absolutely not comparable to a Windows PC. Anything less then 1 update, which would be none, is UNACCEPTABLE to me when you make me sign a contract to keep a phone for TWO YEARS.

This is awesome! Its how I feel sometimes. Like yesterday, I get out of my car, after shutting it off, phone in pocket, start to walk towards the house and all of a sudden, my friggin phone starts playing the last song I was listening to in the car! The bluetooth just shut off and audio went to the phone!!!! LOL, I swear, this thing will be the death of me.

We can only hope. ;) (j/k of course)
Mine, of course, doesn't do this. Of course I am NOT using the Stock music app like I have NO doubt you are.
And seriously is it that hard for you to stop the music manually before you get out of your car?

This phone rocks. And IS still supported. And WAS just reconfirmed to be getting KK.
Moto formally updates support page: Razr HD, Maxx HD and M to get Kit Kat - Page 9 - xda-developers

Jimmy: please don't join XDA. KthxBye...

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Yeah, just joking! :( That pic is freaking hilarious. I even showed my wife, who looked at me like a nerd. Oh well.

I WONT join XDA dont worry! And this phone or any phone should never be compared to a PC, glad you backed me on that one. And look, dont get me wrong. My phone might have some sort of defect, but, in my opinion, and some others... I really feel this is just how the phone performs, not the best, but not the worst. I saw reviews on this phone and I remember one Con was "Sluggishness", and the camera kinda sucks, but that is no secret.

Anyway, with the new iPhone coming out, and pretty sure its gonna be 4.7" and glide like an eagle, I might try it out, I dunno.

And as far as getting out of my car, if a song is playing, I just shut the car off like a CD is in it, at 33 (16 years driving), I dont remember really ever manually shutting off the radio, just me I guess. But still, its strange, and not the first time, that its happened before, where the music just switches to the device.

Guess they are just phones at the end of the day. Like I said, I am almost constantly surrounded by computers, have a few iPads, so I dont really have any need to surf the web on this thing, except for when I come home, say hello, then hit the bathroom where I check my stocks on it, and I read some Flipboard. I kinda dont even care about KitKat anymore, see ya!

lloydsw

Reaction score
I don't know if I'll take the plunge to KitKat. Very nervous about loosing root.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I actually don't like kit kit it isn't friendly toward my s3 rooted or my nexus 7 2012 either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I have a hard time believing Kit Kat has anything to offer me over Jelly Bean except Printing which I can already do with Google Cloud Print and an app.

MotoX is a beast, Jimmy. And the phones that replaced ours are most excellent. AND The MotoX-2 is rumoured for a late Summer release.

F the iPhone. ;)

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
My sentiments about any Apple product.

Most of the hate on Apple is the pricing and limited abilities. Apple has that image of being hipsterish and trendy, I personally hate Apple desktops and laptops. The iPhone and iPad are different though, for me, and we are all forgetting something... iPhone came first, Android clearly did some copying back in 2007, to say otherwise would be foolish. But now a days they copy each other it seems on whatever the consumers like, so its better for us.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm OK with apple's laptop as I do not feel either chrome or android is able to be a useful desktop operating system. So for my desktop needs my Mac book pro is by far the best desktop device. As far as mobile (phone and tablets) android is my cup of tea. If I am needing my phone for business Samsung with touchwiz is the best but if I want a phone that is clean just for browsing, texting, and calls then my nexus 5 handles that just fine. But my distain for apple is the way they force their users to accept one way which is the apple way. I am concerned that Samsung is heading that way in fact I think the only thing keeping that from happening is android which is why I think they are trying to get tizen up and going.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Most of the hate on Apple is the pricing and limited abilities. Apple has that image of being hipsterish and trendy,

How can an iPhone be trendy and hip if everyone else on the planet, millions of people, have the exact same hardware and capabilities with little chance of customization, and a new phone comes out only perhaps once every 12-14 months?

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
How can an iPhone be trendy and hip if everyone else on the planet, millions of people, have the exact same hardware and capabilities with little chance of customization, and a new phone comes out only perhaps once every 12-14 months?

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD

Having an iPhone is usually for trend. Not all but most. its been "trendy" since 2007.