This being a business device, should they have marketed it diffrently?

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
I'll be pretty blunt, I dont think hearing "Dont cha wish your work phone was hot like me" made me want to get this phone. I'm not digging the "Droooooooid" everytime the phone turns on and does anyone remember the stock ringtone thats set with this phone?? "Droooooooiiiddddd/Techno music" lol.

flash24

Reaction score
I agreed, but if you are rooted, all these issues can be easily fixed :)

I am using a custom boot on mine, that's how I got rid of the annoying "Drooiiid" intro.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not just meant for business (and if Google is keeping up with businesses they know very few businesses, read: IT departments are supporting or even allowing Android devices yet). It was mainly meant to go after RIM/BB market which (oddly enough) is as much or more 'personal' users as business/professional users. So with that in mind yes, the marketing theme was appropriate for much of that market segment. Only after Android gets enough saturation in the personal market (and fixes major security issues, and their PATHETIC exchange client) will businesses even start looking at Android devices. So until then expect Android commercials to remain on the 'silly' side for mass appeal.

OP
MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
I get what your saying but I think the Droid Pro should have had something simple like the HTC Evo commercial. Does anyone remember that one video by RIM thats showing off their OS where everyone is dancing like a bunch of idiots? Maybe thats what Motorola was trying to replicate LOL.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Look at the new adds for blackberry though. Does listening to we are all made of stars by Moby and watching a moby dick slideshow make you want to buy that phone for business? Not really. Right now its better practice to appeal to hipsters while being available to business users.

tappin and a talkin

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look at the new adds for blackberry though. Does listening to we are all made of stars by Moby and watching a moby dick slideshow make you want to buy that phone for business? Not really. Right now its better practice to appeal to hipsters while being available to business users.

tappin and a talkin

Yep! again BB has as many (or more) normal users as business users. Given that they have taken a HUGE hit from Android in that market (their business segment is relatively unaffected so far) they are likely changing their marketing campaigns to align with Android and Apple to regain their lost share in that market. Until WinMo7 phones start coming out and get approved by IT departments RIM doesn't have much to worry about with it's business segment and even then they have it fairly well locked up.

Last edited:

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Former Blackberry personal user that switched to a Pro right here.

Won't be going back.

google123

Reaction score
My BB Tour has been gathering dust since the minute I received my Droid Pro. dancedroid