This American Life fans

moot

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there are any This American Life fans in this forum, but I recently stumbled across the android app for this radio program. The show didn't mention anything about the android app being released recently, so I thought I'd post about it here.

The app has the following features:

• Listen to streaming audio of each radio show anytime you want
  • Explore extras like behind-the-scenes video with the show's producers, outtakes from the TV show, interviews between Ira Glass and Terry Gross, and some of Ira's earliest radio productions
  • Get notified when the latest show is about to air, even if you're not in the app
  • Find shows by contributors like David Sedaris, Mike Birbiglia, Sarah Vowell and John Hodgman
  • Browse staff picks and keep your own favorites
  • View trailers and download episodes of the Showtime TV show
  • Save one show at a time for offline listening (iPhone only)
  • Play episodes in the background while you do other stuff on your phone (iPhone iOS 4 and Android only)

The app costs $2.99 (and is well worth it) and is a great way to support the TAL and have access to all the show's content. The interface is well done and beautiful, as well as functional.

You can find the app in the market.

billyidle

Reaction score
The show isn't going to mention it because neither they, cpr, or npr created it. I also doubt they would charge for it (see NPR app).