This $10 Case Helps You Catch PokeMon In PokeMon Go

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
il_570xN.1066672505_fp4v.jpg

Watching Youtube videos you would think it is super simple to catch Pokemon. The pros catch every PokeMon they encounter with a simple swipe of their index. Some are even talented enough to put a little bit of English on the ball before tossing it at the little monsters. In reality it can be far more difficult to hit the target every time. Lets face it Niantic is a business and part of their business model is selling your more PokeBalls!

If you find yourself constantly running low on PokeBalls because it takes you two or three tries to catch your PokeMon you might want to check out this case handmade custom case. It isn't really at all for protecting your phone or even adding to the looks of your device. It is a screen cover simply designed to help you stay on target. The case is made by a 3DPrinting company and sells on Etsy for just $10. Compatibility includes Galaxy S5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. You can also pick up one of these for the iPhone 6s, and 6s Plus. Grab yours from the link below.

via Etsy

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Necessity is the mother of invention. It's very ingenious and somebody (probably lots of), will make lots of money on this and similar designs. In fact, it has kind of opened up a whole new concept of cases designed to assist the use of certain apps. I see more like this for other apps coming down there pipe. Very ingenious.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Clever but if you really have that much of an issue using your finger to draw a straight line from the pokeball to the pokemon then maybe you need more help than this case can give. Of course I can see the merits of this when drunk pokemon hunting. Now it makes sense! LOL

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Pshh I hardly ever throw straight on purpose anymore. Once you get past maybe lvl 15, curve balls are really where it's at.

Reactions: CJM

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I thought I read once that you can pick up spent Pokeballs? Did that get fixed, or are people really so wasteful that they are cool with littering used technology all over the world?

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
I thought I read once that you can pick up spent Pokeballs? Did that get fixed, or are people really so wasteful that they are cool with littering used technology all over the world?
That got proven to not be true. You can't pick up pokeballs once you throw them. Guess it hinders people from buying new ones from Niantic. Littering must be perfectly acceptable in the pokemon universe. You'd think by now there would be so many on the ground that people would be tripping over them and slipping on them. LOL

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That got proven to not be true. You can't pick up pokeballs once you throw them. Guess it hinders people from buying new ones from Niantic. Littering must be perfectly acceptable in the pokemon universe. You'd think by now there would be so many on the ground that people would be tripping over them and slipping on them. LOL
I read the comment of littering to be the Pokemon case...in the real world.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
You can definitely pick up thrown balls if they miss and are still on the screen. Press and hold; I do it all the time. Or are you talking about something else??

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
You can definitely pick up thrown balls if they miss and are still on the screen. Press and hold; I do it all the time. Or are you talking about something else??
You can touch them and pick them up but they don't count as being returned into your bag. You can't reuse them. Check the count before and after.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Well if you're picking it back up, why would you want it in your bag? Wouldn't the goal be to throw it again? Tapping the ball doesn't do anything, but if you press and hold on the ball, you pick it up to throw it again (just don't release or you'll just drop it in front of you). You won't see an increase in your count because you don't see your number of balls on the bottom right of the screen when you're holding a ball ready to throw, but I promise you, if you have 10 balls, throw one, and then press and hold on it, throw it again, your count will still only drop to 9, despite 2 throws.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
Well if you're picking it back up, why would you want it in your bag? Wouldn't the goal be to throw it again? Tapping the ball doesn't do anything, but if you press and hold on the ball, you pick it up to throw it again (just don't release or you'll just drop it in front of you). You won't see an increase in your count because you don't see your number of balls on the bottom right of the screen when you're holding a ball ready to throw, but I promise you, if you have 10 balls, throw one, and then press and hold on it, throw it again, your count will still only drop to 9, despite 2 throws.
I was referring to the rumor when the game first started of tapping on a thrown ball and having go back into your bag. It was proven to be false at the time. I had no idea you could just drag them and immediately reuse them. I will definitely give that a try though.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha, my bad there! Hadn't heard that rumor actually, but I do wish it were true...

Yeah this game didn't do a good job at making anything obvious haha I only found that out from my girlfriend messing around with it... Still a very annoying and difficult trick imo

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
I tried that last night and you are 100% correct about dragging the used ball back and re-tossing it again. Great tip! Thanks for sharing it.