Thirty days to switch

dbrb1

Reaction score
I have the droid2 global and like it. It's my first smart phone. I want to know if I should keep it or trade it for one of the others that might be better. I don't do any international traveling so I don't need global, but it was what verizon recommended. I was thinking maybe the droidx or one of the other droids. I even considered the iphone, but not convinced with it. I'd appreciate you opions.

draexo

Reaction score
Check out the HTC. Thunderbolt. It is due out in a few weeks. My wife surprised me with a global. I think Verizon is dumping then on consumers. How many of us really need it.

I have my eye on the Bionic, but it will probably be locked down and unmodifiable like the Global is. HTC. Is more modification friendly.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

djp

Reaction score
I've used blackberries, iphones (original, 3g and 4) and now the D2G. I left the iphone 4 months ago because of AT&T reception issues in San Francisco. In my opinion, the iphone 4 on verizon is the best available cell phone on the market.

While I like the physical keyboard on the D2G, it's no faster than the soft keyboard on the iphone. As far as hardware, the screen res on the iphone is higher and the camera has better low-light performance. Differences in chip speed have little effect on daily use, in my opinion. I experience lags with my D2G that make it feel slower (though this may be attributable to using Fission over stock moto)

The real difference is software. The corporate email solutions (including moto's, stock android and touchdown) are not as good as iOS's. This includes big stumbling blocks (like AOSP's limitation on 30 days of synced email) to little things (like the handling of automatic address completion). The music player is weaker than iOS - including both interface controls and syncing issues. For me, these are the two common uses of my phone, and I've found that moving to the D2G made both experiences worse. That said, switching to verizon has made my voice/data connection much better.

Right now, I think that iOS is a more polished and complete mobile os. Android may be catching up, but if I were in your position, I'd swap for the iphone. Given that my 30 day window is long passed, I'm waiting to see what apple releases this summer.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you got your phone on or after 1-16, you have 14 (not 30) days to switch.

DroidForums Junkie!!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
There are plenty of third party apps that maybe only give you a user interface redesign of your email, but so far as music player there are some great ones. Poweramp, tho it costs 5 bucks, gives the best options and sound control I've seen yet. It was well worth it to me, and theres a 15 day free full trial.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G